Steven Pro food article

fperkins

Membership Expired
Not so much the recipe (although it is simple) as the suggestion of making the small blocks

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-01/diy/index.php

"This mixture now can be poured onto a cookie sheet or similar container, to be frozen. But I have discovered that when it comes to general aquarium keeping and maintenance, if it isn?t easy or convenient, it doesn?t get done. And, that applies to feeding, as well as to other chores. Having to whack a big block of frozen food repeatedly with a putty knife and a hammer is a pain, especially if the alternative is to simply open a can and throw in a pinch of flake or pellet food. For frozen foods, I much prefer the simplicity of commercial preparations that are available in those little cubes. But you can make them yourself. When I am done with my fish food puree, instead of pouring it right onto a cookie sheet, I apply it into and across a section of eggcrate lighting grid lying on the cookie sheet. This quickly and easily casts the food into perfect, portion-sized cubes, which then can be flash frozen. After a couple of hours, the food is solid and can be extracted from the grid and placed into more convenient plastic bags for later use."

That's a great idea. I've heard of it before, but it wasn't placed on the cookie sheet. Should make it much easier to pull off.