Stand not 100% level. Help

Greetings all,   I recently built an 8 foot long stand for my 250 gal tank. Current stand was too low to the floor.New stand is sitting on a level ceramic tile over slab floor. Already leak tested on the old stand and know the floor can handle it.* Added a couple of pics of each side.View attachment 1252New stand is 100% level ( length ) from left to right on both the front and back. Left rear to front shows the left front is low by 1 degree. Right rear to right front shows the right rear is low by 1 degree.If I shim the stand, I am afraid I will throw off the level of the length for the front and rear. Anyone think being 1 degree off is asking for trouble? Any ideas how to properly level it so I don't lose 100% level across the front and rear?Thank you in advance!Chris

Seeing as how your are seeing the front low on one side and the back low on the other, it might just be inconsistency in the wood.  Can you check it across the middle by laying something flat from front to back?  Maybe you need to sand/plane the top a little?  Do you have a long straight edge to check it (they make some long levels and maybe you could find one to borrow or rent)?

Thanks for the reply Integra. I used both a 4' long aluminum level which shows the middle back to front is 100% level. When I use my Iphone level on either side, it shows 1 degree off on each. Middle is 100% level.On a side note, the stand is rock solid and does not wobble or move up or down whenever weight is applied. This does not matter anywhere you apply downward pressure to the stand. Thinking about waiting until it dark and running a flashlight underneath to see if I can see any low or high spots on the tile floor or bottom rail of stand. There may be a lack of contact somewhere.

It sounds like you might not have a level plane on top.  All it takes is a little lump in the wood.  When you lay your aluminium level across the front, back, and sides, can you see any light under the level (a flashlight helps)?

That is good, but I was talking about doing the same with the top.  If you change the bottom, you might lose your mostly level top.  I would think you have a high spot on each side based on the data you gave.

Posted by: CStoner  said:
On a side note said:
I would definitely check the floor again like you said. If all looks good there then maybe plane the top level. I used some "Self-Stick Heavy Duty Felt Strip Roll" around the whole bottom underside of my stand to be sure there was contact everywhere and worked great, all level for me. 

Jenkins, I read somewhere that placing foam or any material that can compress is not a good idea. It stated over time the material can compress causing the stand to no longer be level. Especially once the weight of rocks, sand, and water are added. The article indicated that it might not be a big issue for a 10 gal. tank, but on a 250 I could see trouble.I believe my brother and I did check for any spacing issues under the level when checking the top rail and did not find any as we moved it all around the top rail of the stand. He keeps telling me " The stand is level...The Earth is a little off". lol.Thanks!

LOL...nice, now if we just just fix the earth. :pWell that is good to know, hopefully with my smaller system I'll be OK. Check for gaps everywhere tonight and let us know the results.  

Mine was slightly out too, not more than maybe 1/64" over 4'. Once the tank, rock, gravel and sand was loaded and filled, it was pretty damn near laser-point leveled. I wouldn't worry about that 1-2 degrees much, because it's going to compress further and move a little when you fill it anyway.  If you're super concerned, you can always load the tank, fill it with Tap, let it sit a week, and then check it (none of us are THAT patient, but it isn't entirely a bad idea)

Update: I have been very busy with too many projects around the house to concentrate on my tank.Figured out there were a couple of high spots along the top rails. Got those sanded down to level. Working on leveling to floor next. Floor is ceramic tile and not 100% level. Will just shim the bottom of the stand. Waiting on custom doors and end panels to be built by cabinet maker friend.Should look pretty nice once complete. Still working on the plumbing that can be plumbed prior to placing tank on stand. Can't plumb too much yet as I don't want it to get in the way when moving tank onto stand.