Sherman Anemones

etphi3

Premium Member
Good morning! 
After moving around for the past 7 years, I have finally settled back down in DFW and getting back into the hobby. Since being back in, I haven't seen any sherman's being posted or mentioned. Are they still around? I've been seeing a lot of Rainbow BTAs (not a huge fan). 
Would love to get my hands on a sherman again once my tank is more matured! 
Enjoy some pics of my old reef tanks!
Also, where is everyone? Doesn't seem like there's a lot of foot traffic on this site. Did that many people get out of the hobby??

Phillip 
View attachment 11416
View attachment 11417
View attachment 11418
View attachment 11419

Nice looking reef Phillip every since the virus it has slowed down being we can't do any events hopefully that will change soon welcome back to the hobby and club 

So ... I used to have what I believe was a Sherman.  It split like crazy and I sold some all around.  I ended up selling a couple to my Wife's boss for their work tank which currently has a bunch.  I'm HOPING to get one back from her so I can grow it and start selling the Splits.  This doesn't really help you much but hopefully in the next 6-12 months I'll have some for sale.  Good luck in your more immediate search.

@drex thanks! Yeah I can see how this pandemic can put a hamper on the reefing community 

@beolson25 that would be great!! Please let me know if you’re able to find one again. I would love to pick up one down the road 

Posted by: @etphi3 Good morning!  After moving around for the past 7 years said:
11416[/ATTACH]
View attachment 11417
View attachment 11418
View attachment 11419

"]
The hobby is going stronger than ever, local clubs, not so much.   Social media has really hurt the "club" concept.   I see shermans for sale all the time on the local facebook groups and even on some of the national boards.  Probably cost you anywhere from $75 to $150.   Are you can be brave and drop $750 on a <em class="textHighlight">Colorado</em> <em class="textHighlight">Sunburst</em>.

@etphi3
My wife's boss agreed to give me one but she wants the guy who maintains the tank to get it out which is absolutely understandable.  He will try next week but has been instructed to only do it if it is not a giant pain.  If it is, we will have to try to catch one on the move.  

So ... I'm hoping ... But nothing is done until it's in my tank and survived a week or two.

Posted by: @beolson25 @etphi3 My wife's boss agreed to give me one but she wants the guy who maintains the tank to get it out which is absolutely understandable.  He will try next week but has been instructed to only do it if it is not a giant pain.  If it is said:
I've heard if you point a powerhead at them they will get mad and start to move.

As for finding one, check Roberts Reef or Ocean's Avenue.  They are the 2 most likely local stores to have one.   Also check out Reef2reef.com.  They show up in the for sale section from time to time.   A couple were up in the past month.  A guy in Austin had several for sale but they went quick.

Posted by: @opus I've heard if you point a powerhead at them they will get mad and start to move. said:
Yeah, We mentioned that.  The guy who takes care of their tank seems to be pretty good.  Apparently he removed one recently because there were too many.  They have 12 according to the wife's count.  Anyway ... I'll try to remember to come back here once I get one and they start splitting but that will likely be 6-12 months minimum since I want 2 for my own tank.

So, I finally got a Sherman Today.  Picture is terrible.  I plan to get a cheap phone lens filter for xmas but I've attached a picture.  He/she is pretty small but I'm looking forward to the journey.

View attachment 11792

no real growth yet.  Just kinda staying the same size.  My clowns have started hosting.  I try to feed my anemones once a week or so.  Hoping he starts to grow because I got it pretty small.