seek Aquashella volunteers to help hobby club booth

Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
THANK YOU WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS!!! You helped make Aquashella a wonderful experience for so many (and you all seemed to have a lot of fun, too)! Your hobby club appreciates you so very much!! (hearts) (hugs)

Aquashella 2022.jpg
DALLAS MARKET HALL
2200 NORTH STEMMONS FREEWAY
DALLAS TX 75207

Like last Aquashella, we are seeking 15-20 hobby club volunteers to help Aug 6 and Aug 7 any of below: Seeking extras in case life happens and someone can't volunteer at last moment. Volunteers needed for:
  • Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed
Greatest need will likely be Aquashella registration and light security both Saturday morning thru afternoon and Sunday morning thru afternoon. By supplying volunteers, hobby club receives discounted table rate for our DFWMAS table. Aquashella volunteers will need a smart phone and ability to add an app to smartphone (may be same app from 2021).

Volunteers should target arrival 8:30am Sat/Sun to ensure you find Sat/Sun 9am training location by 9am.

Our volunteers helping Aquashella last year also got cool staff t-shirt in addition to meeting lots of fun people from around country!

Our hobby club DFWMAS booth lets you meet lots of fun people from around country! Handout drinks, snacks, club water parameter business card, club salinity car decal, and Reef Hobbyist magazines!

Please sign-up below if you are interested in helping both/either day (please indicate day(s)).

1 @Fish Think Pink Lisa K (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
2 @wnewsom Wes (Sat morning & afternoon)
3 @winky8888 Ron Nidel (Sunday all day)
4 @raullozano3 Raul (Sat morning & afternoon)
5 @hnurge Hans (Sat & Sun, where needed)
6 @hnurge Cheryl (Sat & Sun, where needed)
7 @Aj Sun morning & afternoon, where needed
8 @hnurge Alia (Sat morning & afternoon)
9 @Cedar Hill Sonya (Sat & Sun, where needed)
10 @wnewsom Angelina (Sat, maybe Sun)
12 @Illini_Fan Tom (Sun morning)
13 Kamil (Sat and maybe Sunday)
14 @Cameron (Sat and maybe Sunday morning)
15 @Eileen L Ellison Eileen (Sat and Sun morning)
17 Scott F (Sat morning)
18 @Drex
20 karen (Sat)

THANK YOU WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS!!! You helped make Aquashella a wonderful experience for so many (and you all seemed to have a lot of fun, too)! Your hobby club appreciates you so very much!! (hearts) (hugs)

Last edited:
I am volunteering for Aquashella itself:
  • Saturday full day
  • Sunday full day
I will do supplies transport to help DFWMAS hobby club table:
  • hobby club 2-sided business cards for handout
  • salinity club car decal
  • six new boxes of Reef Hobbyist magazines for handout
Last year was AWESOME!! Loved meeting DFWMAS'ers! Loved meeting other aquarium people! I have been waiting for Aquashella to come back so we could do this again with everyone!!

ALSO:
If anyone wants to come to my home in Grand Prairie sometime between now and August to help me stick DFWMAS labels on magazines - let's do a little label party at my dining room table! Harry just shipped us SIX additional boxes of Reef Hobbyist magazines! WAHOO!! Nice additional free handout!

View attachment 15807
Like last Aquashella, we are seeking 15-20 hobby club volunteers to help Aug 6 and Aug 7 any of below:
  • Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed
Greatest need will likely be Aquashella registration and light security both Saturday morning thru afternoon and Sunday morning thru afternoon. By supplying volunteers, hobby club receives discounted table rate for our DFWMAS table.

Our volunteers helping Aquashella last year also got cool staff t-shirt in addition to meeting lots of fun people from around country!

Our hobby club DFWMAS booth lets you meet lots of fun people from around country! Handout drinks, snacks, club water parameter business card, club salinity car decal, and Reef Hobbyist magazines!

Please sign-up below if you are interested in helping both/either day (please indicate day(s)).

1 @Fish Think Pink (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
2 @wnewsom - Wes Newsom on Saturday Morning/Afternoon

put Hans and Cheryl Nurge down for helping both days - where needed (aquashella or DFWMAS booth or both).
As long as ill still get a few hours to visit all the booths :)

View attachment 15807
Like last Aquashella, we are seeking 15-20 hobby club volunteers to help Aug 6 and Aug 7 any of below:
  • Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed
Greatest need will likely be Aquashella registration and light security both Saturday morning thru afternoon and Sunday morning thru afternoon. By supplying volunteers, hobby club receives discounted table rate for our DFWMAS table.

1 @Fish Think Pink (Sat & Sun, Aquashella)
2 @wnewsom (Sat morning & afternoon)
3 [winky88888] Ron Nidel (all day Sunday)

View attachment 15807
Like last Aquashella, we are seeking 15-20 hobby club volunteers to help Aug 6 and Aug 7 any of below: Seeking extras in case life happens and someone can't volunteer at last moment. Volunteers needed for:
  • Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed
Greatest need will likely be Aquashella registration and light security both Saturday morning thru afternoon and Sunday morning thru afternoon. By supplying volunteers, hobby club receives discounted table rate for our DFWMAS table. Aquashella volunteers will need a smart phone and ability to add an app to smartphone (may be same app from 2021).

@Cedar Hill (Sonya) Sat & Sun wherever needed.

We are still looking for more volunteers. Can you help? You get some free stuff for your time. :)

I assume since my name was added, I’m good to show up on Sunday at 8:30. Do I try to find the DFWMAS table first or will there be a volunteer entrance or….

Sorry, this is new to me and just looking to some guidance.

Thanks

Tom

I assume since my name was added, I’m good to show up on Sunday at 8:30. Do I try to find the DFWMAS table first or will there be a volunteer entrance or….

Sorry, this is new to me and just looking to some guidance.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom, I'm sending you (and everyone) my cell number thru private conversations (individually). When you get there, text me. Likely I will be near registration area, but could be outside depending time and how badly registration lines are snaking outside (hopefully not - that's why we're helping!! )

Both days I should be there about 8am, most morning people targeting arrival about 8:30am.

Afternoon arriving people may find me outside so text me and I'll make my way to your location which ideally wait near registration. I'll be there all day both Sat & Sun, so you'll be able to find me (but it is a big place, so just text me!)

Warmly, Lisa

Last edited:
Kamil thank you for asking about address - weirdly, its missing from most of Aquashella items BUT it is on this flyer they put out (going to edit above so volunteers can find this address easily):

Dallas Market Hall
2200 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, TX 75207

Last year I remember coming off highway, circling entire building until I came across trucks with aquarium sides, parking by them and because early morning I could short cut thru loading docks, across entire event floor to front registration - this will ONLY work early morning. Parking is/should be free, but it is such a HUGE event that unknown where some may end up as I heard somebody last year did pay for parking but unknown where they were parking...
Aquashella Dallas-final-01 Vendors 800.jpeg

View attachment 15807
DALLAS MARKET HALL
2200 NORTH STEMMONS FREEWAY
DALLAS TX 75207

• Aquashella itself
  • hobby club table
  • wherever most needed

Volunteers should target arrival 8:30am Sat/Sun to ensure you find Sat/Sun 9am training location by 9am.

9 @Cedar Hill Sonya (Sat & Sun, where needed)
10 @wnewsom Angelina (Sat, maybe Sun)
11 @wnewsom Ashly (Saturday)
12 @Illini_Fan Tom (Sun morning)
13 Kamil (Sat and maybe Sunday)
14 @Cameron (Sat and maybe Sunday morning)
Eileen_l_ellison@yahoo.com. (Saturday for sure, Sunday morning )