Saltwater Molly Fry - Saltwater born

Long story short, coming from a freshy background, when I started stocking my reef, I added two Mollys, one standard black female and one silver lyretail male. The first time they had babies, they were pretty much connsumed by my other fish and we did not see many survive. This go round, I have found about 12-15 about a week old in my sump, so I have moved them to the refug where they can be safe for little while, unless I have a monster bristleworm lurking, which my be a possibility.

Question is, is there any interest in these guys? I keep them to work on algea, and they do a great job. I converted both parents from fresh, over about an 8 hour period and they did great with the transition. I would be willing to make some trades with anyone local that may be interested. Most look either black or silver, but still too small to see if any came out with either lyretail or spotted. Just throwing it out there to see if I might save someone the process of converting one, before I move them up to the main tank as suplimental food source, or take to LFS and let them adopt them.

Cool Bulldog, Let me see how they progress and how many it looks like I will have and I will let you know. I'd say I would know for sure in about a week.

FYI, I am in Watauga, near Keller on Denton Hwy. Meeting up would not be an issue.

if you have a seahorse tank these are great, i always had a pair or two with my seahorses and they dined on the molly babies

blamm

Well my second group of fry never made it to maturity, either fell victim to something in the fug, or somehow made it past the bubble trap and got stuck in the perfumer for the return pump. Next batch I see I am going to place in mini fry tank like they sell for freshy systems. Will let everyone know if/when I have some fry available to share. :)