Rock flower or Maxi Mini Anemone??

Dsf

Membership Expired
Looking to get an anemone for my 100 gallon reef. Don't want a BTA.

What is difference in Rock Flower and Maxi Mini? Any advantages of one over the other?

Rock anemones are super sticky, and tend to be more "pointy", while mini carpets are smoother with tons of tiny bubbles (tentacles). Either can eat fish, but odds are you'd lose less fish to a mini carpet.

I have had two minis for 3 or 4 years without any issues. They are very cool and have never moved.

They like indirect flow but direct light. Rock anemones are like flowers with the way they open up and have pettles. The maxi-mini anemones come in a bright variety of colors.

I have not had any splits from my rock nem and maxi mini nem. I've had both for couple of years. I would be curious to know how they propagate.

@digital_gods wrote:
I have not had any splits from my rock nem and maxi mini nem. I've had both for couple of years. I would be curious to know how they propagate. said:
I have read that people cut the mini maxi's with very good luck. Not cutting mine [smilie=shake.gif]

They breed from what I understand you have to have a couple in the tank.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

@mmiller40 wrote:
[I]@digital_gods wrote:[/I][quote="I have not had any splits from my rock nem and maxi mini nem. I've had both for couple of years. I would be curious to know how they propagate. said:
I have read that people cut the mini maxi's with very good luck. Not cutting mine [smilie=shake.gif]"]
I'll leave cutting to the Emo kids.