RickyB's 250 build

rickyb

Premium Member
Planet Aquariums custom build tank, 60X30X30, center overflow with two 1.5" drains and two .75" returns. Eurobraced all the way around and tank on .75" glass.Planet Aquariums custom build stand, 42" high, Vintage model with medium oak stain.I will be reusing 120 lbs. of sand from the old 400 and purchased 180 lbs. of mixed rocks (Marco & CaribSea with some Shelf rocks).Custom build sump (by me) 35" long, 25" wide and 15" high, this thing barely fit in the stand, lol. I do have plenty of room left for the Calcium Reactor and CO2 Tank.Livestock:Tangs: Achilles, Orange Shoulder, Yellow, and Black ShoulderBlue Cleaner WrasseFlame AngelMatted FilefishYellow Longnose Butterfly4” Turbo SnailI will probably add a Regal Angel and a Radiant Wrasse down the road.I will rebuild my SPS stock from friends that have saved some of my favorite pieces for me, thank you all!Below are some pictures of the build showing some of the progress.View attachment 9331

Wow nice work Ricky. Love the aquascape with the overhangs at the bottom. Fish are gonna love that!Thank you for sharing!

I'm also upgrading the LED's in my lights to get closer to the Radion G4 Pro layout, and I think I really like the new layout. Right now, one light fixture is just sitting on top of the tank with a sheet of smoke polyglass sheet in between, so it will look even better once mounted into the canopy I'll be building.View attachment 9496

So far I've done two 45 gallon water changes to bring the nitrates down, and I'm soo happy with the new WC system. I can do a 45G water change in less than 10 minutes and without getting my hands or the floor wet!

Looks good Ricky,  I am also in the middle of a new setup, did you get the plumbing locally?  having a hard time finding gate valves.

Posted by: Chris This is where I have been getting  my valves.[url=https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/valves.html]https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/valves.html[/url]  said:
That's what I'm looking at for my valves.

I worked on my canopy this weekend, so far I got the sides completed. Rough fit to make sure it fits. The lights are fixed at 18-1/4” from the water surface. Kevin brought in a PAR meter and I’m getting really good PAR on all places where I plan to add corals. At 80% the sandbed is getting ~200 at the corners and the top of the rocks ~450 PAR. At 100% the lowest reading was 250 and the highest 670 PAR.View attachment 9588

That looks awesome Ricky can't wait to see the finish