Remove Sherman RBTA

I have a Sherman RBTA that has grown very huge and is stinging and killing my coral. I have tried to get him loose and cannot get him loose. Does anyone have any tips on how I can get him loose to remove him.

Thanks,
Johnny
817-908-5419

Freeze some rodi water in an ice cube tray and rub the foot with the ice cube. Or if u can pull the rock suspend it over the tank with the nems barely touching the water and it will release to get back in the water

If you can find an edge anywhere a slow 30 minutes of picking at the edge with a fingernail usually works. This is a lot easier if you can get it walking first (ie powerhead or ice). Drastically changing the flow patterns around it usually gets them on the move eventually, but may make it start walking across another coral if it happens when you aren't there.

in extreme cases I have taken a hammer and screwdriver to the rock. Obviously drastic but effective.

I hope that it is obvious that you need to be careful not to damage the anemone. The goal is to break the piece of rock off that it is attached to not to hit the anemone. Also be careful of it splitting the rock at the foot of the anemone. If that happens be careful not to tear the thing apart.

Drastic but an option....