Reef Keeping And Vacation Don't Necessarily Mix

Gatorbait01

Premium Member
With vacation season imminent, how does everyone handle tank support/emergencies when they are away? I have had house sitters support my tank in the past, and luckily have never had an emergency to deal with. I always wonder, what if this time is different? It would be niceto have a fellow reefer w/ experience to lend a helping hand just in case an emergency arose.  The idea would be that you find a few local reefers to help each other out when they go away.  Any reefers around Plano/Richardson interested?

Jerone

Yes I agree with you on that it's tuff luckily  I still 2 kids that live at home do as much as I can and all they have to do is feed

It’s always good to have someone knowledge in case of an emergency. The idea you have is a good one!

I am in the process of planning and implementation a controller for automation that helps with basics while traveling, but that doesn’t help in emergency situations. But feeding, testing, water changes and dosing that I currently do manually having the ability to automate them and not rely on the neighbor that has no clue about a reef tank would be nice. Expensive though, Gators suggestion is more practical that spending thousands for controller automation.

-Chase