Reef Cam test

HangrightRon

DFW Designer Corals
Im testing this out, my reef on stream. The picture isn't super clear because I'm using a nest cam which has zero picture adjustment. Im looking for suggestions on a HD wifi cam to replace it with.

Like my 4 tangs, Just ignore the algae m'kay

Let me know if its working and help me test it please. Thank you

Lights on 7am CST
Lights out 9pm CST

Feed times: Auto Feeder @ 8am and 4pm.
Frozen food usually between 8:30am and 10am

Fish

Powder Blue Tang
Sailfing tang x2
Naso Tang

Blue Throat Trigger ♀️
Pink Tail Trigger

Blue Chromis x5

Cleaner Wrasse
Marbled Wrasse
Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse
Labouts Fairy Wrasse (died, went carpet surfing)
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Temminckii Fairy Wrasse
Red Margin Fairy Wrasse ♂️
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse ♀️

Green Mandarin Goby (pair)
Red scooter Blenny

Midnight Lightning Clown
Phantom Clown
Wyoming White Clown

Clean up crew:
Various snails and hermits and conchs
4 tuxedo urchins
1 royal urchan

Last edited:
- Centered camera on aquarium view.
- Moved a maxspect 350 from back wall to above the camera.
- Added a 2nd maxspect 350 on opposite wall.
- Put gyres in LTC mode (Lunar tide cycle).
- Cleaning wave makers today and moving them to the back wall to add more flow to the Sps.

Thank you for watching and suggestions are always welcome.

I'm not sure if anyone is following this or not but if you are

The Labouts Fairy Wrasse took a dive, actually he jumped out and somehow managed to make his way on top of my screen lid (I'm still trying to figure out how he ended up there) so he's gone. Im planing on adding another Labouts and maybe another Fairy to make it 6 Wrasses total.

Also trying to find a Copperband Butterfly to add.

I had a temperature spike a couple weeks ago from moving plugs into an UPS back up and somehow pulled the plug out of the back of my chiller. I've noticed some bleaching on a couple acro and lost a cotton candy torch.

Working on the algae too. There's a lot less in view of the camera 😆 getting phosphates down and turned up the auto waterchange system to 3 gallons a day. May go up to 4 if I can't get nitrates down.

Other than that if you're following and watching from time to time thank you and any suggestions are always welcome.

Happy Reefing

Last edited:
After the club meeting yesterday I drove to @SALGADOAQUATICS and picked up 4! New wrasses.

Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Temminckii Fairy Wrasse
Red Margin Fairy Wrasse ♂️
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse ♀️

All are acclimated and in the reef.
I didnt bother with quarantine mostly because I've never had any issues with purchasing fish from @SALGADOAQUATICS he keeps them in hypo salinity with copper and treats prazi.

Happy Reefing.

Sorry to hear about the wrasse and torch. Sounds like you picked up some nice new ones though! Give it time on the algae and you’ll get it down. Corals might rebound as well when you can get the tank stable again.