raising copepods?

I'm looking at buying a mandarin goby and wondering what the best way to raise copepods is. Just in the main tank or in the fuge if fuge then how do they get in main tank? Thanks for help

They make their way past the return pump and also crawl up the plumbing to the tank, believe it or not. [smilie=lol.gif] Biggest thing with keeping a mandarin is having a healty amount to start with in the main tank and by also having a predator free area like a fuge so they can replicate. Mandarin's eat constantly and will wipe out the pod's in a relatively new tank really quick(as in a week). My suggestion is to get the ORA mandarin's if you do not have a mature tank/fuge as they are already trained to eat pellet's. They cost a bit more but not as much as trying to buy bottles of copepod's trying to keep the mandarin alive as some do.

Cheers,

You could get live Tisbe Pods from LFS and raise them in a separate container to add to the tank as time goes on. I grow mine in a 1 gallon jug with a airline bubbling and light for the phytoplankton.