Quoted posts show as new posts by the quoted member instead of by the quoting member.

DFW

Membership Expired
This is when I look at my activity. It should show that I made a post, but it does not.

No, it is not resolved. Can you see at this link that I have quoted fperkins, and yet, it shows that he posted last?http://www.dfwmas.org/community/profile/dfw/?

View attachment 355So it looks like from the attached picture, that the top quoted post @ 5:06 pm is what you are referring to, correct?Then your next quoted post @ 5:52 pm is working the way it should, correct?Just want to make sure we are identifying the correct problem :)

When I go to "My Profile - Activity" it shows that fperkins made the last post on that thread. I made the last post on that thread, not fperkins. I don't know how else to explain this to you. I used to be able to check in on the site, and determine immediately if there were any responses to my threads, or threads that I was following. Now it's a guessing game. Instead of seeing responses to threads as I have titled them, I am told that someone else responded when they did not, and the titles to threads are no longer there.? So it's not intuitive like it used to be. Maybe intuitive is old school, and muddled is the new cool?An example: When I got the email that said you responded, and then went to "My Profile - Activity", it did not show that you had responded to my thread, at least not to where I understood you had. I may not look at my emails all the time to be notified of a response. Am I making this clear enough yet? I am trying. You used to could look right at everything all at once, and could understand it? Old school? The list of threads that I was involved in was right there with simple indicators of new responses, or none, with the thread titles right there, everything right there for a quick glance to know what was what. Old school?

I think what you're seeing is just how the new system works, definitely different from the old. What it looks like it is doing is just grabbing the first section of text from you post, even if the system put it in your post for you. So if you look at your actual post, the first text the system see is "posted by: fperkins...blah blah blah" so that is what it puts as a summary of your post in your activity. He didn't make the post, you did, but all it is doing is reading text starting from the top of your post, quoted or not. Does that make sense??Maybe this is something they can tweak in the system, to not include the quoted text in your activity summary? I doubt it though...Jose any idea if this is possible?

View attachment 357See I changed your name to "JohnDoe" after I quoted you in my post. In my activity it doesn't show you posted it, it just starts displaying the first text it sees in the post.Which is "Posted by: JohnDoe..blah blah blah".

testPosted by: jenkinscrew
[ATTACH type="full said:
357[/ATTACH]See I changed your name to "JohnDoe" after I quoted you in my post. In my activity it doesn't show you posted it, it just starts displaying the first text it sees in the post.Which is "Posted by: JohnDoe..blah blah blah"."]

Posted by: jenkinscrew?[ATTACH type="full said:
357[/ATTACH]See I changed your name to "JohnDoe" after I quoted you in my post. In my activity it doesn't show you posted it, it just starts displaying the first text it sees in the post.Which is "Posted by: JohnDoe..blah blah blah".? ?"]Exactly Chris. ?When you go to "My Profile" -> Activity. ?It's YOUR activity. ?It's just giving your the first bit of what was written and when you quote someone it happens to be what they quoted. ?I typed in Test before the quote and this is what was displayed in Activity.View attachment 358

The notification shows the latest person that contributed and a short text description of the original message, we can add more or less or something else but this is supposed to be a short latest activity notice not a full report.\this can be changed also to display something different?we are always open to suggestions; all suggestions will be discussed at our next BOD meeting.