Ozone into remora?

[Has anyone modified a Remora for Ozone? I tried but no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. When I put the air adapter on the maxijet and test it by itself in the sink, it sucks air perfectly, however when I put it all together and install it in the skimmer, water comes out the airline. It works in reverse. Any ideas? Could it be the remora venturi is causing backpressure?

R/Bob]

[This may sound crazy, but try blowing in the tube to get the airflow going the other way. I had to do that with a Maxijet 1200 hooked up to my CPR Bakpak. If that ends up working for you, you might be able to install a checkvalve so it only works one way. The drawback is that maybe it won't suck hard enough to open that valve.

I ended up making a mod on the intake basket, inserting black tubing into the input so it would definitely suck air, and it has worked fine ever since.]

[Marc, Thanks, I'll try that tonight. I think I'll have to make the mod on the intake like you did, I really think the problem on the pressure side it that because the pump's output is restricted a little at the venturi, the backpressure comes out the airline. This makes sense cause when the pump isnt hooked to the skimmer, the air is sucked just fine. I would definately need a check valve but I hate those, they always fail at some point and bingo, there goes your ozonizer or water everywhere.

R/Bob]