Newbie Reefer/Advice Appreciated/Dry rock needed...sale or donation

<pre>Hello my name is Alek. I'm just now getting into the hobby and have fallen in love with it. I've started a 45g corner tank about 5 or 6 months ago that I currently need more dry rock to cure. Is there a LFS near the downtown Fort Worth area or anyone that would be willing to sale dry rock for a reasonable price. I'm on a tight budget and looking for 30 to 40 lbs. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. Current Setup:45g corner tank1 full spectrum and actinic light fixture...I manually swap between the two throughout the day fluval canister...no room for a sump XDeheim heater koralia wave maker15-20 lbs of live rock2 damsels for cycling1 red cortez hermit2 nassarius snailssubstrate...planning on adding 10-20 lbs more</pre>

A couple of weeks ago North Dallas Aquarium had some live rock brought in from a tank they tore down that they were selling the live rock out of it for 1.99 a lbs.  That was a little cheaper than they were selling dry base rock for!!!  Might wanna see if they have some left.  If not they usually have a good selection of dry rock that while it wasnt Pukani it was still very nice rock although a bit dense.

btw...didnt notice it until after the fact but I see you are new here and wanted to welcome you to the forum.Looking at your tank set up I would make the following suggestions...I would get a few more snails and a few more hermits.  For snails I would suggest that you look around for about 6-10 Banded Trochus Snails.  They dont have the issues that Astreas have in that they cant right themselves if they fall over.  Not a problem for the Banded Trochus.  They dont get as big as Turbos that have a tendency to knock things over in your tank either.  Watch what your buying in the LFS as a lot of times they misidentify snails.  Google them and see what they look like and make sure you get what your paying for.  I would also add about 4-6 Scralet Reef Hermits or about 10 or so Mexican Dwarf Blue Leg Hermits.  If you have a fairly fine substrate a half dozen more Nassarius Snails might be a benefit to you as well.  While they will clean the sides of the tank and rock work they have a tendency to stick more to the substrate where they often sift through it. Other than that it seems like you have a pretty good start going there, keep us posted!

Welcome to the club!!Smayda Aquatics down in Burleson probably has some dry rock.  May want to give him a shout.

Welcome! Glad your here. Might give Frank's Tanks a call and see if they have any. I got mine from  Dallas North Aquarium, they had a ton of it.

Welcome to the forums!   If you can't find what you are looking for locally, try MarcoRocks.  They sell excellent quality dry rock with free shipping and reasonable prices.  Just rinse and it is ready for the aquarium.  It is easy to work and scape with.