New Member, New Aquarium

Dmlewis

Premium Member
Greetings, All! I was recently gifted a used 90 gallon aquarium, stand, Sealife Sstems wet/dry filter, two protein skimmers, an Eheim external filter, an Eheim 250 watt heater, a bucket full of Dolomite, and a lot of additional accessories. I'm enthusiastic about getting back into this hobby again after a long hiatus. Yesterday, I filled up the tank with water to test for leaks (fortunately there were none), and soon I will be cleaning out the tank, wet/dry filter, etc and moving all the stuff into my house. I'm looking forward to being a member of this club and getting to know local members. I'll no doubt be reaching out to many of you for advise and livestock in the near future!

Welcome and welcome back to hobby! Congratulations on your score! Very nice and you're very lucky!

Depending how long you were out, food and lighting have been biggest improvements. Patience is still the magic!

Welcome and welcome back to hobby! Congratulations on your score! Very nice and you're very lucky!

Depending how long you were out, food and lighting have been biggest improvements. Patience is still the magic!
Well, I've been out for a while! The last marine tank I had was while I was living in Austin, TX in the late 1970s. But I got earlier exposure to marine aquariums and biology while living in Corpus Christi, TX during my youth and high school days. Our high school had a Marine Science Club. Getting good water was quite easy - LOL!