nemos breeding?

When I stuck my hand in the tank to remove what l9oked like the lil psrasite vermin worm it was a white thingy and I it was all squishy I scratched at it a couple 9f times and at that point the male struck me 2 times and the female struck me once any advice on how to raise the fry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnpjaBmsq9Q thats the video of them being suppper territorial imo idk if thats how you spell it though i think i might have found the eggs willl upload another vid. maybe tommorrow to show you the eggs that i think i found because when i got this pvc pipe it definitly did not look like that...super excited!!! :D

I breed clowns in a lab, so usually your first batch of eggs isn't very good. Day before the hatch take them out to a baby tank and have the eggs at an angle above an airstone so that the bibles run over them but don't stick. Once they hatch you'll need rotifers and phyto to feed em. But like I said usually the first batch isn't good. They'll lay often from now on probably so wait a while and do research before you decide to raise them

Also your video shows normal clown aggression towards their territory, not necessarily protection of eggs. What colour are the supposed eggs and have you see your clowns dancing or waggling?

Lol im almpst posiyive they were breeding because they were dping what my mollies do when the breed (which Is the male chasing the female elegantly) and also hes alway swiping this one particuler place with hos tail to keep the sand put but thats npt where I thinl the eggs are eek haha

Their attitudes do suggest they are preparing to lay but...... some fish don't have successful batches till after a few months. ESPECIALY if they don't have the right diet. They will protect that one area months before their first lay BTW. The biggest thing to look for would be The male fanning a particular rock with his fins (facing the rock) not his tail. He will also "blow" on them (i quoted blow due to the lack of a beter word). This is the #1 sign if you cannot see the eggs you know the eggs are there if the male is doing this. Other signs like picking at a rock, agression around a certian area, are all signes of breeding, but they will do these things before they lay as well. So your best bet is to look for the eggs cause if u cant see them chances are they will hatch without u knowing and be swept away by your filter system. You also need to be able to see the eggs to judge their heithieness, and time of birth so you can shut your system off and catch them the day of the hatch.

Conclusion: Either way if you want to rear clowns you have to be able to see the eggs.

Suggestion: put a piece of porcelin (or 2) inside the tank where they seem to be protecting. if you feel like you want to have an ugly flowerpot inside your display tank then these work best for breeding due to structure so they can hide =). but squares of porcelin will work too. 90% of the time they will choose this surface to clean and attatch their eggs to.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. If your fish havn't layed yet it seems they are close and they want to.

ive seen them dancing around lately the male has been chasing female lately ive just started to keep up on water changes but the hair algae is still a problem theyve decided to host my frogspawn which is about 4 heads strong i constantly move it and the conditions are anything but good with swing because of water change can anyone help me out here also im planning on putting some cherry shrimp in there to breed as well and ive got several free 10gallons so it all works out looking for a lil advice on that