Need help to build --- 96 x 30 x 24 In-Wall saltwater tank

jack_tx

Premium Member
Hi Dear forum friends,   Purchasing  a new house and want to prepare the dry wall to install a 96 x 30 x24 in wall tank.It's my first time to setup a in wall tank - Could someone provide the steps I should do/ consider?   or thread links so I can follow. ( I found one Curt's link , but cannot see the pics)(1) What should I consider and might ask builder to do for me ? (framing / dry wall)(2) Any particular (moisture / leaking) protection can be done in order to ensure the wall will not get any damage  ?(3) What's the good source (vendor / store ) to get a good quality steel stand and 96 x 30 x 24 fish tank ?  Appreciate everyone's help in advance.Jack 

DUROCK Brand 0.5-in x 36-in x 60-in Cement Backer Board for the walls around the tank. some tanks builders require you use their stand or it voids the warranty if buying new. You will need to ask when you get a quote for the tank. LFS, DNA, Franks, OA and others can provide you with a quote as well as going direct. 

Hi Steve,  Thanks for the information. which tank maker is better / more reliable , less leaking issue? Planet / or some other brand ?Can we directly place order to Planet ? or we need to via local store. 

You can get a direct quote from the manufactures, but using a LFS can provide some added value with any issues. DNA, Franks, and OA are good places to start the shopping process. What features are you considering, thickness and clarity of glass? Frank also has a custom stand builder he uses.