My Pajama Cardinals have mated

Wes

Premium Member
woot woot! that awesome to have happen, good luck with it. i hope something comes of it. post post and post some more, keep us updated. nice job lindsey, good luck!

@tangalone wrote:
[I]@DaveJ wrote:[/I][quote="Typical woman... primps and displays while the man does all the work :) said:
Daaaaamn right! PRIME EXAMPLE...taken earlier today!

And fix me some sushi while your in there messing around!"]

At least he's not wearing an apron.... he would lose his Man Club card if he did. As of now, he may end up on probation :)

You may want to separate the male in any case between clutches of eggs. The poor guy can starveif he's constantly carrying a clutch of eggs.

@tangalone wrote:
Hey, that can be arranged! I just bought a hot little apron from Carolyn's Kitchen (http://www.carolynskitchenonline.com/aprons/dorothy_apron.html) that would look great!! He is a good sport, he would totally do it if I asked...but I wont do that to him...unless he deserved it. :twisted:"]

Will he be wearing the gloves that go with it? :p :oops: :D :shock:

Have you tired letting them carry them full term or are the males eating the eggs? If they are young cardinals or something is wrong with the eggs they might (but I bet you know that from M....org :lol: ).

Way cool. Glad to see the pictures since your tank is so far away. :)

What's your plan for raising them? Is it similar to the Bengaiis in that you need a fake urchin?

@tangalone wrote:
M...org...funny! LOL! said:
Yah, I looked all over the web for a Marine Ornamental Fish and Invert Breeding :p ORGanization that could help with the difficult breeding questions. :D and found M....org.

My clowns stopped laying since I moved them. The light sequence is freaking them out...need to add the T5 to balance out the time.
I have a clutch of ocillaris eggs that are likely going to hatch tonight said:
I take it they are turning silver and you can see the eyes?
I do need something to feed these rotifers to, I was going to just start dumping them in my tank. :roll:

At least they don't hurt when they bite, but then mine is so old she probably just gummed me :lol: Robert and Helen have a tomato clown with some razors for teeth.

Wow, they are ready. I'll make about 50 gallons of water up in the next two weeks so I can do a water change and use the parent tank water for the fry.
The sponge from the air filter has been in my sump for a couple weeks but I'll have to still do a lot of water changes because I can't put it in the grow out tank till after metamophasis.
I'll double my Nanno phyto and get some TET started, and double the rotifers...do my homework, water the hogs, feed the cows :lol: ....
Yippee!!! I must be crazy for the hard work to come :D

@tangalone wrote:
Yeah said:
'Christmas Vacation' where Clark asks Russ to check thousands of Christmas lights and he said, 'whew, look at the time, I've got to feed the hogs....'
But smartass works, at least that's what my wife tells me.

With the cardinals you can try catching them by turning the lights on in the middle of the night. you'd have to know where the father sleeps, and he gets blinded by the light and won't be able to see temporarily. you can catch him w/o him running all over.

you can check the newsletter regarding breeding for both the clowns and the banggais.