My 180g reef - Build thread

[It is a Sequence Dart which already has the proper seals. Trouble is I am having micro-bubble problems so I am diverting a lot of flow back into the sump instead of the tank. It I had thought about it more I would have picked a different sump design as this one can't handle the high flow. Needs more baffles and greater distance between the drains and the return pump. I may add another baffle were the flow turns the corner between the drains and return. This should help out alot.]

[Oh yes, I should help. I read some about a 3 to 5 times pump return is recommended. Doesn't need a powerful pump for return but for closed loop. Do you use Durso standpipe for silence your drains? or what do you use?]

[this must be a show tank. The plumping is so cool. Mine is nothing compare to yours. Hey, when do you have a tank tour? i am definitely want to see that. You will hear a lot of "wow, wow" from me. LOL. Can't wait to see your show tank. Have fun.]

[Well then you probably don't want to know that I transfered all the livestock this weekend. The skimmer and the LR all came from the established tank and there is no sand bed so I don't think cycling will be a problem. Least I hope not. I'll try to get pictures before it crashes.

I am luck in that I can tap two circuits. One from the kitchen and the other from the family room. I built a spreadsheet and used it to plan out the power distribution and the AC controls. I'll post that if anyone is interested.]

[The Neptune Direct Connect 4's are plugged into two seperate power strips. Things that are not controlled, (i.e. skimmer pump), are plugged directly into the power strip.]

[Very nice. Keep posting images, information, spread sheets and more. That type of detail always helps someone else.]