More clams

[I got 7 bright T. crocea clams today. They are so pretty!! I ended up spending most of today tweaking my tank. Added 2 seaswirl and get that 'cheap' wave mover SCWD to work. I will try to link a picture of my clams here..

I did not turn off pump completely - therefore some ripple on surface. I think this is neat!
ripple%20look%20clam.JPG
alt="">]

[Neat indeed! Nice pic. I have so much trouble taking pictures from the top looking down because of the reflections. Nice clams!]

[I still don't get it. Why do you want so many clams? :D I mean, if you are a fan of "B.C." (the comic strip), you'd know they are their "money", but ....

I mean, I'm sure if I kept adding clownfish to my tank, you'd start wondering about me as well! ]

[It's an addiction, I guess. If clams look identical - i.e. T. gigas - yeah, one or two is enough. But have you seen the wide color range of T. maxima and T. crocea? Gosh!]

[I think you should share them!

Or breed those things. Then you could trade clams for SPSs or something.... You could be the local clam guy. Heck, you already are in my book. ;)]

[Marc -
I wish! It is not practical to setup a system to raise clams, based on what I have read. It is cheaper to buy them in my opionion. I must say it is tempting to breed them - I'm not sure if this is like orchids where one can take two pretty flowers to make more pretty flowers. But that's besides the point - I'll have to quit my day job to get into this.]

@peterlin wrote:
[I got 7 bright T. crocea clams today. They are so pretty!! I ended up spending most of today tweaking my tank. Added 2 seaswirl and get that 'cheap' wave mover SCWD to work. I will try to link a picture of my clams here.. I did not turn off pump completely - therefore some ripple on surface. I think this is neat!] said:
[Umm, I'll take the one in the lower left. You can ship him to.... :laugh:

They are an addiction. My wife has three in my tank right now. Two Maxima's and a deresa. They are heartbreaking though. Mine have been so fragile until they reach several inches or so. So much for ever having clam chowder again though.]