missing anemone

Haven't seen my rbta in 3 days. Just tested, and nitrates are near zero, water is clear without any funny odors. The thing that scares me is that my clownfish went back to hosting my frogspawn. Should I wait it out, or tear apart my rocks in case he is dead to prevent fouling the water?

40B, Reef Octopus 110. Reefbreeders value LED, WP-25
Only have two clowns, couple Mollys for algae control, and few snails and crabs.
I was hoping that he is splitting, but he's only 4" in diameter...

Like Eckolancer said the nem might be hiding in the rocks before splitting. Might be jammed in there so tight there's no room for the clowns. I'd give a few days.

Agreed, with a good skimmer, and low bio load I wouldn't be tearing a tank apart just to find a nem unless it was a massive carpet or something. Monitor organics for the next few days closely and all should be good. If you do sense that he has melted then I would wet skim and add carbon to the tank for a bit.

Still no nem. What's the longest amount of time that any of you have gone without seeing yours? It's been a week. No sign of it.

I had a small one go missing for about two weeks then it came back out as two. If you can post a pic of your set up I should be able to give you and idea of where to look. I have several btas and I like to study all my critters' behaviors.

I think he's in a big piece of hollow Pukani rock. That's where he usually kept his foot attached.
Tested yesterday and no nitrate spike. So I guess there is still hope.

They literally slowly turn to goo when they die so you'd probably have noticed excessive mucous if he was dead.

13 days missing is pretty abnormal in my opinion. If you can't find a trace of it with a flashlight looking in all the rock holes and caves then I might assume it has passed on to reef heaven. Congrats on your tank handling it's death like a boss though. Still a chance it could be kicking it somewhere having a pity party for it'self...