May 14th Freshwater EXPO by DFWAA partner club affiliate

Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
Don't yet see DFWAA 5/14 EXPO info from our affiliate partner, but generously DFWAA freshwater club affiliate letting DFWMAS have booth at EXPO. At Feb EXPO, DFWMAS was only saltwater booth setup.
View attachment 15148

The next DFW Aquarium Association Expo is May 14th the details are:

Hilton Inn Garden
2001 Valley View Lane
Irving TX 75061
11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Age 13 and up $5.00 entry fee

I plan to be at this one.  The ice/snow kept me from going to the last one.  They had a big auction a few weeks back which looked interesting but I didn't want to sit around an auction for 5+ hours.

will definitely be there (I will have a booth) - the Feb. expo was awesome. it is mostly freshwater like Lisa said - but there are several things (like equipment) that span both. if you are looking for some used\cheap gear for setting up a QT, or if you have any interest in freshwater its definitely worth going. a good portion of the fish sold at these are locally breed.

Posted by: @hnurge will definitely be there (I will have a booth) - the Feb. expo was awesome. it is mostly freshwater like Lisa said - but there are several things (like equipment) that span both. if you are looking for some used\cheap gear for setting up a QT said:
I went to both of the shows last year.   Most of the stuff I don't care about since there are a lot of bettas and plants but it is cool to just look around.  There actually was 1 guy with a saltwater booth last year.  I got some great deals from him since no one at the show had a reef tank and he was wanting to make some sales.  He was from somewhere in OK.  

I picked this guy up at Aquashella last year.

View attachment 15154

Expo is this Saturday! - if you keep any freshwater or if you need some cheap general gear head over and check it out.

Well, I was disappointed in this one.   Seemed to be missing several vendors and I was surprised how many vendors were there with lizards and turtles.   Hadn't noticed them at the shows before.    I was in and out within probably 20 minutes.   I just didn't see anything I wanted.  I also noticed that prices were in line with LFS if not more expensive.  

As a follow-up.  I was told some of the reptiles/turtles were actually illegal to sell in Texas.  I'm don't deal with those things so I can't be 100% sure but I did hear that from more than one source.  Hopefully if that is the case, they take care of it before the next show.