majano in an anemone tank. Yes or No.

I know that in the reef tank no one likes or wants majano anemones but I am doing an anemone tank with RBTA's and I want to see what people think on here about me keeping majano's in the tank as well. I have a really nice, large green majano with a purple base that's been in my sump for almost a year and has never split. Can I safely keep them with bubble nems without any problems? Nothing online really say's what would happen if they came in contact with other anemones. Thanks for any feedback given.

You don't want majanos in a display tank as they will take over and multiply

Prob won't find anything as not that many aquarists keep pest anemones in their display tank to look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have better luck seeing how RBTA's do against aiptasia, for some reason I think that would be more common. You could also try a small system to find out. Put them close and see if the RBTA decides to run, or just wait until you have a baby nem and use it as a test in case anything goes bad. I actually starved majano's out of my tank during my first year of reefkeeping before finding out what they were, so in the right (rare) conditions you can eradicate them over the course of 6 months. Before anyone says "they'll come back" it's been several years and I haven't seen one since. I agree that they are cool looking unlike aiptasia, although the take-over issue keeps them well away from my tank.