looking for EXTRA FREE tickets in upcoming giveaways (general thread)

Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
Raffle Tickets image.jpg

At DFWMAS events with giveaways, did you know NOW you can get extra FREE raffle tickets?

Sure, everyone gets 1 (when double ticket style) completely free, no strings attached. Even general public can get this.

Sure, at Frag Swaps you can earn more tickets (different color) for every $25 spent with hobbyist at their swap table.

... BUT NOW... NEW ADDITIONAL OPTION...

Come practice 'safe shopping' at the Hobbyist Hangouts and Gatherings and Giveaways and Frag Swaps ... even if you couldn't get on the limited list of tables... even if the idea of swapping at club event at LFSs seems strange (might need to keep this on the down low at LFSs when we are doing Hangout and Gathering monthly events at stores)...

Pre-arrange buyers (and for limited time your sellers too), traders and swappers, estimate your "retail value" and each $25 in value becomes FREE EXTRA TICKET into that day's raffle! "Retail value" because we know often we are giving each other savings, sometimes down to FREE, but you get tickets based on retail value.

Club may photo you both with your item(s) to help spread word!
Please help your club spread the word because our ultimate goal is helping those grow out corals get a home (and not a trash can...)!

Come by club table and let DFWMAS Secretary know how many extra tickets you earned by pre-arranged trade/swap/sale at DFWMAS Event(s)! Signup threads in Marketplace!

Look for upcoming event posts pinned to top of that category. OR, negotiate with your seller or your buyer that you want to move into this new pre-arrangement - both BUYER and SELLER get tickets to help get the word out... limited time bonus for those without tables as we get back to hobby roots of swap & trade!

Happy 30 Year DFWMAS Anniversary!!

Last edited:
Last couple years at various points, my own various fish, coral and anemones were being threatened with trash can!

Of course I got zippy, got on DFWMAS website, got on my phone, got them all new homes either at LFSs as trades or giveaways and when I was given more than few hours, they got homes with other hobbyists. This new offering would have been great incentive for me to get ahead of my family ultimatums. Maybe you have something similar going on.

Help me create an environment where we all know our growouts and extra live XYZs can get homes!

Bag & Grab Committee Thank You.jpg
BIG SHOUTOUT to Committee 'Bag & Grab' members (@Gatorbait01 @HangrightRon @hnurge @IowaKGB & @samc727 THANK YOU) who are creatively trying to help get all coral frags/trimmings a home. To meet this goal creatively, their innovation is trying out Silent Auction and other enhancements at tomorrow's August 5th Frag Swap:

2023-08 Frag Swap Bob Duncan in Arlington vFinalVendors.jpg

Last edited: