Local Copepod Source

Slogan315

Premium Member
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find copepods locally?

I saw some at the LFS but the price to quantity didn't seem great.

thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find copepods locally?

I saw some at the LFS but the price to quantity didn't seem great.

thanks!
I haven't seen any in a long time. Dinkins is local but they are doing theirs as a business. They will be at the mini frag swap this weekend, so if you drop by they may have some deals going on.

Saturday Saltwater Paradise had top door shelf of fridge PACKED with pod bottles (and one came home with me at end of club Hobbyist Hangout 3/11)

@hnurge sometimes has pods available (might be away this weekend for their kids' Spring Break)

@TheCoralStation will be doing store discount 3/18 for Premium members and they sell Reef Nutrition Tiggers (and MORE!) Here is a great video taken during recent club mtg where we learned a LOT about pods (and MORE!)

@Opus thanks for the Dinkins shoutout - they even have gift certificates in the 3/18 raffle so perhaps you will both be lucky enough to get one of those and turn it in for pods (and/or MORE!)
Dinkins fifty dollar 4 winner gift certificate over logo.jpg

I have dreams of a mandarin and my tank is hitting a new ugly phase. Just impulse bought an order from algae barn… next round will come local.

Didn’t see all the recent traffic here until I checked my email for the confirmation from algae barn 😭

I had a Mandarin but there’s a nasty in my tank that is taking out fish but still have a sixline wrasse and fox face for now.

Take this with a grain of salt as I’m still new to this but depending on the age of the tank, an area with no predators and lots of crevices surface area I would think that you could successfully keep them going long term. I put half of them in my sump and half in the display.

I had a Mandarin but there’s a nasty in my tank that is taking out fish but still have a sixline wrasse and fox face for now.

Take this with a grain of salt as I’m still new to this but depending on the age of the tank, an area with no predators and lots of crevices surface area I would think that you could successfully keep them going long term. I put half of them in my sump and half in the display.
That's what I'm planning to do, half and half. I have a bare bottom with a good bit of rock, and only clowns as the predators. hoping they can establish themselves before introducing a mandarin.