Lighting for bta

melev

Club President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Sponsor
[My bubble tip anemone is quickly outgrowing my 29 gal tank. Everything it can reach it stings, causing the demise of various softies as well as an LPS. It has been doing very well in my tank for over 7 months with PC lighting. I'm probably going to have to move it out of this tank and into my 55 gal, which is lit with VHO. Have any of your successfully cared for a BTA under VHOs?

Obviously I don't want to move it if it is happy, but space is getting tight.]

[Marc,

You've seen my tanks and I have a bta in my 100 which is lit by 4 vho's. I've had this bta for about 7 years and it's always been under vho.

Barry]

[Good point. I forgot about your BTA. Must have been all those other gorgeous corals that made me forget!

Did your brain coral drop that segment yet? That thing is really too cool!

Hey, I found a guy that can build my "L" shaped tank for $1400 out of 3/4" acrylic. Is that still too much? I found another guy that would cut the glass (1/2"), and I could assemble it myself for around $630.]

[Marc,

The segment is still attached although it has moved down closer to the rock. In a couple of weeks it should be seperated.

As far as an acrylic tank...I would never own one myself, Very likly you will scratch it :so sad: and for an "L" style tank... I would want it assembled with some kind of warranty. If you asked Oceanic to build one and they said no, there must be a valid reason, like it will eventually crack or leak. You might check with DAS they might do it for you.

Barry]

[IMO, i think VHO is better than PC, i switched to PC and just feel the VHO were better.....granted have not switched back to VHO my BTA is under 2 250MH and 2 96W PC Actinics in a 110g.]