JenkinsCrew BioCube 14 build - First Rodeo

Thanks! It is very soothing going asleep watching the tanks. I sleep very well :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Very nice! I'm a nano-reefer myself ~ and this is a gorgeous set up you have! [smilie=clapping.gif]

Had my first loss, for some reason I lost my scooter blenny! [smilie=crying.gif] Was my favorite...

Parameters all look good and the other fish are doing good. He was eating pellet food fine, maybe he got stressed out from the move? IDK... [smilie=crying.gif]

Well one of the ballasts on the left Coralife biocube went out so rather than replace the balast, I decided to upgrade the lighting. I went with the steve's led plug and play kit with the mini bluefish controller.

Here it is gutted and dremeled.

9535e0824d9e8c1422e5a0c0f1b26942.jpg
alt="">

Here it is installed.

2f6e99c8f4162bdf1e8808ae67181742.jpg
alt="">

I like the light, it was pretty involved getting it installed but got it figured out. Only issue I am having right now is not being able to control the blues and can only change whites. I have a ticket open with them right now. I think it may be a wiring issue but we'll see.

Still looks nice though.

404a848033f7f29504aa2a89131b3f59.jpg
alt="">

Issue resolved with the lights, just had to move the connecter over one pin on the bluefush controller. Very happy with the purchase. I did add an additional 3" icecap fan in the housing with the light as it would get warm...problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well I guess I am adding another tank to this thread...lol...7 gallon frag tank. It will just be a temporary setup while I clear out the rest of the corals from the right Oceanic biocube. After they are out, I am going to remove all the rock and sand. Then I will add a couple frag racks to convert it to the permanent frag tank. I will also use it as a quarantine tank to monitor new fish as they come in. If I need to treat a fish I will just use the little 2 gallon tank to medicate.

56d36edce572674f5030fcd5bfa9abc5.jpg
alt="">

Well got everything moved out of the biocube and into the frag tank.

2b5d8e54bc2fc6ea1bcbd4c287509980.jpg
alt="">

ac227bdfef3a688b5ffe05ad4e68ca45.jpg
alt="">

Still have a few green mushrooms lingering on the rock. Will remove and put onto plugs when I remove the rock from the tank.

Well all rock and most of the sand is out. Siphon wouldn't suck out the rest of the sand so gonna have to pump it out.

[attachment=0]20161207_065118.jpg[/attachment]

Do you think I will have to worry about any kind of cycle after removing all the rock and sand bed?

Filtration is all still intact with original water. Once I add frag racks I should be able to put frags back in and later add a fish ok, right? Or should I wait a month for a fish?

Update on the Dual Biocubes.Everything is going well!On the clown/nem tank, I added a few different anemones and more rock. Since they wouldn't host with the one in there and they still didn't after a month. So I decided to play some mind games with them. I went on google images and found a pic of some clowns hosting an anemone and taped it to the side of the tank. Low and behold, that night, the male started hosting the rainbow nem lol. The female still won't but the next day they started acting different and appeared to be doing some behavior related to mating like cleaning the pot and twitching/jerking movements. So hoping they start laying eggs one day soon so I can attempt to raise some clown fry.The converted frag tank is working out well. I moved and shutdown the temporary frag tank and I put any extra pieces and new frags in the biocube frag tank first just as a quarantine and grow out. I made some frag racks out of egg crate and PVC but wasn't too happy with them. So I am converting to magnetic frag racks and may redesign and make a new one for the middle bottom. I also keep a chromis in there to keep the ecosystem happy :pView attachment 1488

Update on the biocubes:The long tentacle anemone is getting huge. The clowns keep feeding it and it is starting to take over the tank. I will probably be selling this nem soon, to find it a new home.View attachment 4081In the frag tank, I got tired of the magnetic racks being in the way of cleaning glass, so I switched to this IM 102 frag rack. Working well, but still had to keep a small magnetic rack for the big piece of monti.View attachment 4080

Hi Chris,Would you provide a list of specs for the biocube / nem tank?  I've been out of the hobby for awhile.  I'd like to get back in it with something small.  Your tank has inspired me.Thanks,Ben