Jdub 270G tank build/replacement

Jdub_17

Membership Expired
Well here goes, i am not very good at documenting things.. but gong to try and keep a log of whats going on with this setup.My current 8ft tank (will be moved to my office for grow out.. i may document that setup later)View attachment 1535I purchased this beast 72x48x18 (should be delivered in a couple weeks)View attachment 1534This is rough drawing of how it will look in the dining room with a reading nook for the kiddosView attachment 1533The fun part of this move is i don't have double doors and we are going to have to cut the stand to get it through the front door and redo the welds in the house (big thanks to Alberto Callejas to offer up his services to do this part of it)I am going to build a 1x12 floating canopy to hold 4 32in SbReef 32in lights, and the frame will be skinned to match with similar wood and stain.  It will be hung from the ceiling with chains, so that i can adjust the height if i need to.Return pump will be an M1, with a manifold system for reactors.  Flow will be 2 gyre 250's , and i may supplement with my waves (current setup is 2 gyres and two neptune waves)The fuge will also be powered by the SBreef fuge light for macro. The swap itself shouldn't be too bad, i just need to gather up some extra containers to hold the current tank water and fish... one for the rock.. and some extras for the extra 250G of saltwater to be added, i will keep a bottle or two of turbo start to make sure i don't have a mini cycle.  Currently about 250lbs of rock in the 8ft tank between the display and fuge.  I will not be using all the rock in the new setup, but the aqua scape will be more like small rock hills and maybe a few of them connected.  I have some large 7+in fish now and i want them to have plenty of room, and it needs to look nice from 3 sides.  Hopefully this doesn't change too much and we can get rolling in a couple weeks. I will try and keep some detail posts about the install up as we move forward. Josh W. 

Thanks, I am very excited about this one.  The lights came in today, and looks like the tank will be delivered next week.  Guess i better get busy on the skin...   

Today we built the canopy.  My dad had an old cedar tree planked a few years ago that we decided to use as the canopy and later the cedar doors on an oak skin.View attachment 1573View attachment 1572View attachment 1574 i am going to coat the peg board and inside canopy with flex seal, then seal and clear the display sides of the cedar 4 eye bolts will be installed in the corners to be suspended by chain tank will be here this week... and since it's 48x40... we get to cut the stand to get through my door and reweld it in the house!!! and now the wife wants me to paint the wall while im swapping tanks......to be continued    

Today i I got the first coat of flex seal clear on the canopy, gonna need one more can, the peg board is soaking it up.  Sadly one of my lights came in broken... guess I should of checked the other day... but the other 3 are in and ready to go. tank is delivered tomorrow, and I hope to finish the canopy tomorrow night.  This tank is going to be up before you know it View attachment 1600

Today the tank showed up and i quickly realized we did not have enough people to get it in the house.  So for now we put the tank in the house, and the stand was cut and rewelded in the house.  I am working out the details on getting the tank in the house.. its way heavier than i imagined....    But here are a few pics of what happened todayView attachment 1610View attachment 1609The sump is about 100G as well... View attachment 1607 Will get more of an update ready once i figure out how to get the tank in.....

So tomorrow morning the fun starts, got movers lined up to get the tank in the house tomorrow.  I will start the break down on the current tank a few hours before they arrive.  I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a very long night getting it all hooked back up.  Wish me and my fish luck!

I have added a few of the pictures here.. i still need to spend some time updating what is going on... but here goes for now https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-275-shallow-reef-build.307022/#post-3774895 

updated more at https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-275-shallow-reef-build.307022/#post-3774895 just a bit easier with the attachments and what not from the phone with taptalk.  anyway got a lot done tonight.. hope to have the reactors done tomorrow night then just some tuning and water tests to get everything stable so i can load it up with sps :D