Is it normal to have a coepod outbreak? Good or Bad???

This morning when I hit the lights I noticed over 1 million coepods on the front glass. Tank is 63" long and there were hundreds of coepods per square inch on ALL sides of the tank. My chromis went crazy eating them once he saw there was a overnight bloom. Not just are they on the glass but they are floating all in the water and so many that the water looks distorted! Is this a good thing or a bad thing? If the glass is loaded with them I can only imagine how many are in the rocks!

I tried taking pictures but the clarity of my camera sucks. I got a video off my camera, you can kind of get an ideal what im talking about. According to melevs reefs identify page, they are coepods, they have a little tail coming off them. Here's a short clip

View My Video

Yeah I always heard coepods were a good thing but I didn't know if an infestation was any different. Good to know and good to have, just hope they don't die off. :D

Tonight they are even worse then this morning :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ...My water was looking cloudy and it turns out its millions of coepods getting blowed around by the powerheads. Crazy stuff!!!!

Found out that these are harpacticoid copepods. The harpacticoid are smaller then the usual Calanoid copepod or amphipod. Im still thinking they might die off.

Yeah im going to be doing a water change within the next couple of days and im sure im going to syphon thousands out just because they are solid in my water swimming.