ID help please

Wickedirish

Premium Member
 So I got my first couple of corals and I ordered from Liveaquaria, what was supposed to be a blue mushroom turned out to be quite different, I wanted to see if I could get a proper ID before I got on the horn with these folks, any help will be greatly appreciated View attachment 3626

Definable a mushroom, just doesn't look very blue from the pic.What color does it look like up close? Like dark blue, purple, brown..?

How long has it been in the tank?Defiantly doesn't look like their picture.Have you seen what it looks like under blue actinic lighting yet?

Doesn't seem right to me, has it looked like that from day one since in the bag when shipped?If it was me, I would take a closer pic and email to them to ask them their thoughts. Blue mushrooms should look blue...IMO.I have never had blue mushrooms, so maybe some that has may have had your same experience...

yeah, they have not changed at all in appearance since day 1 other than open up and look fairly healthy, they are ok mushrooms just not the blue ones I had ordered, so somewhat disappointing, I'm hoping they do right and send me what I ordered.

Is it possible that they're not fully extended? Too much light perhaps? When mine inflate and retract, their color changes a little.  As an experiment, maybe you could move the rock so that one mushroom is in the shade. Then wait and see what happens. 

I'll give that a shot but even if the color were off a little it's still a far stretch to blue, even the texture of the mushroom is different, it's slightly frilly...ish where the standard blue is a lot more smooth skinned.

The blue ones look like some that I have. Discosoma, I think. Very nice, and they reproduce quickly. I'm not sure from your picture, but they may have sent you fuzzy (hairy) mushrooms by mistake. Those are nice too, but that's not what you ordered. Good luck getting it straightened out.