I miss Texas!

Well, finally got back from deployment after a year, But I'm in Georgia now. Finally getting settled in and putting tank back together. Hope all is well with all of you back at the Falls. I'll try and post my build here. When I get a chance I'll start loading pictures. Not sure if it will work its been a while for me. First picture is telling me file is too big, I'll have to figure something else out.

Had some nicks and blemishes I needed to fix. So I went ahead and fixed them, sanded a little bit, and re cleared it.

Sorry for bad pictures, my phone camera glass broke and hasn't been the same since. Next was the sump. I had the luxury of doing my plumbing through a wall in Texas and don't have that here so its a little tight. The Sump is a 40L I happened to already have. I just bought some acrylic, cut it, and put it together. I had never used filter socks before in the past, but had some detritus issues in my rubber maid sump in Texas that really bothered me so I'm doing filter socks this time.

It might be to late but have you thought about saving say 10 gallons of space in your tank for ATO water? Or do you have other plans for it?

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

My ATO will be a container outside of tank. Currently have a 40 G sealed container I used to use but to be honest it is an eye sore, still working that out. Regardless it will still be outside the stand like my chiller, just trying to decide what size container that's semi presentable I guess.

Next is the plumbing, I'm not good at plumbing. I did do some reading up on it, went ahead and did it, if its bad its just going to have to be one of those decisions I have to live with I guess.

As far as the paint is concerned, not worried about it, I got a buddy that has had his plumbing painted for years w/ no issues, I followed his procedure and just going to enjoy it.

I have been thinking about using a kitchen cabinet the tall ones. Empty it out and get a tall narrow rodi container then plumb my rodi waterline in the wall behind it. That way it would look just like a cabinet next to the tank.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.