I have eggs Finally!!!!

@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:
Yeah...that's what I thought. We have a 55 in the garage all ready for quarantine if we need it. I guess we could use that. Who knows if they will even lay eggs. Guess I have my research cut out for me. said:
How old are the pair? Took mine 4 years before they started laying eggs.

You will want to put the fry in something smaller so you do not have to fill a 55g up with rotifers for them to eat. I used a 10g with about 7g of water in it and it was good for the rotifers in there without having to dump my whole cultures in there.

A great book to read would be Clownfishes by Joyce D. Wilkerson and Thomas A. Frakes. It is out of print but keep your eye out for it if you can. Amazon had it at one time in the $40 range and now it is up to over $50. I learned a great deal from this book and there are others out there but this was easy to read and understand and was to the point.

@Lance6270 wrote:
[I]@ERIKATHORNBURG wrote:[/I][quote="Yeah...that's what I thought. We have a 55 in the garage all ready for quarantine if we need it. I guess we could use that. Who knows if they will even lay eggs. Guess I have my research cut out for me. said:
How old are the pair? Took mine 4 years before they started laying eggs. "]

I think they are 2 1/2 - 3 years old. Thanks for the advice.

Awesome job. I dont think you have stated a plan for them but if you need a good home for a pair of them once they are old enough I'd love to take a pair off your hands. Thanks!

@M@! wrote:
looking good! What are the eating now? said:
Reed Mariculture TDO-B1 and TDO-C1
It is Top Dressed Otohime flake food/pellets at a size of B1 is 200 to 360 um and C1 is 360-620 um

Not yet.....I would say in January would be the earliest that they would be ready. They are still eating small flake foods right now.

@escaudio wrote:
[I]@kleankord wrote:[/I][quote="Really cool seeing these in person. said:
[smilie=envy.gif] Lucky!"]

You can come by anytime you would like as well.............I will be glad to show them off to anyone who wants to see them [smilie=wink.gif]

@MBSL55 wrote:
So how big are they now? I only ask because I don't have a point of reference to guess their size. said:
Here are some with trying to shot the camera while holding the tape measure and tease them with food so they would be near the glass [smilie=lol.gif]

alt="">

alt="">

If you love them set them free (to my tank). Just kidding, great job though. Haven't ventured into this forum in a long time. Good to read of someone's success