I have eggs Finally!!!!

Cool pics Lance. My clown just laid some eggs yesterday so I need to raise some rotifers. Could I buy a batch from you?

@vumuxle wrote:
Cool pics Lance. My clown just laid some eggs yesterday so I need to raise some rotifers. Could I buy a batch from you? said:
You can......start getting your sleep in as it makes for a long night to collect the fry when they hatch [smilie=wink.gif]

They're looking great. This thread is making me want to try my hand at breeding clowns, if my clowns ever start laying eggs.

@Heathd wrote:
They're looking great. This thread is making me want to try my hand at breeding clowns said:
Took mine almost 4 years before they stared laying eggs but it has been a great journey

Actually got a good count this morning when I turned on the lights. I have 23 in there with the biggest one being almost 3/8" long head to tail.

Congratulations! Job well done.
clap.gif
alt="">

Thanks all for following along

I did just pull out the tape measure and the largest one is 3/4" long and the smallest, who is the runt, is at 7/16" so they are pretty good size.

Just in case you are following along here, I posted this under the journal and wanted to share with everyone

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0l_c8CY8Y[/youtube]

@dfwminis wrote:
Is that clown swimming upside down? said:
Yea he did that for a few minuites and I thought he was on his last breath but after the video he seemed to figure out he was upside down and turned over. Still have 23 in the tank and all are doing well. I love having that many in tank and watching them play together and just the colors and marking of all the different ones in there.

Lookin good, Lance! Question for you...would you have to pull the babies if the clowns were in their own tank? Our mated pair is going to be by themselves with an anemone in a small display tank.

Yes because the parents will not care for them but eat them. Plus they are only about 2-3 mm in size when they hatch so you could not have your pumps running and no skimmers on. Plus if you have a nem in the tank it could eat them as well due to them not having the slim coat yet. They do not like a lot of bright light when young so they would kill themselfs trying to get away from it by running into the bottom of the tank. 10g tanks are pretty cheap. [smilie=wink.gif]

Could you snap some pics of your setup with the babies in it and explain the process of it all? IE how you set your breeder tank up and if you removed the eggs before hatching or waited until after they hatched. I'm just curious. :)

Yeah...that's what I thought. We have a 55 in the garage all ready for quarantine if we need it. I guess we could use that. Who knows if they will even lay eggs. Guess I have my research cut out for me.