I have eggs Finally!!!!

short video of them sleeping. Did not want a huge flash so I took a short video of them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PihZfgkziCc[/youtube]

This is one of the most interesting parts of the hobby (and something I don't have time to do, unfortunately), so thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

It really has been a journey and I wish everyone in the hobby has a chance to do this as it is a game changer. You are not going to make a lot of money off them once all the math is done. I do get to see something much of nothing turn into this and it is just amazing and hope I get to pass them on and whoever gets them gets to enjoy them as much as I have.

My pair is on their 3rd batch and each time more and more seems to survive up until the free swimming stage... hopefully i might have one or two to come out of it.

@bettalover wrote:
My pair is on their 3rd batch and each time more and more seems to survive up until the free swimming stage... hopefully i might have one or two to come out of it. said:
When you say free swimming are you capturing them and then they are changing colors or free swimming as in breaking out of the egg sack?

@Lance6270 wrote:
[I]@bettalover wrote:[/I][quote="My pair is on their 3rd batch and each time more and more seems to survive up until the free swimming stage... hopefully i might have one or two to come out of it. said:
When you say free swimming are you capturing them and then they are changing colors or free swimming as in breaking out of the egg sack?"]

breaking out of the egg sack... i dont have a spare tank to set up for them, but do you think the parents are capable of taking care of them past that stage?

@bettalover wrote:
[I]@Lance6270 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@bettalover wrote:[/I][quote="My pair is on their 3rd batch and each time more and more seems to survive up until the free swimming stage... hopefully i might have one or two to come out of it. said:
When you say free swimming are you capturing them and then they are changing colors or free swimming as in breaking out of the egg sack?"]

breaking out of the egg sack... i dont have a spare tank to set up for them, but do you think the parents are capable of taking care of them past that stage?"]

No they will eat them.

Good job Lance. I have read that placing pieces of clay pot in the laying spot makes it easier to do. Is this really the case or will it upset the adults enough to make them quit laying or just move their spot. We have a pair of Clarkii's that have just started laying and the class is interested in trying to raise some fry. this is in a 360 gallon tank located in the school so it would be really difficult to try and siphon babies at 3 AM.

@paraletho wrote:
Good job Lance. I have read that placing pieces of clay pot in the laying spot makes it easier to do. Is this really the case or will it upset the adults enough to make them quit laying or just move their spot. We have a pair of Clarkii's that have just started laying and the class is interested in trying to raise some fry. this is in a 360 gallon tank located in the school so it would be really difficult to try and siphon babies at 3 AM. said:
LOL............why yes it would. You can put the clay pot once these hatch over hte spot and they should lay on it again. I cut a clay pot and placed it over the area where they were laying eggs and they laid on it the next time but I took it out to early and they did not hatch so I went back to the other method of late nights. Good luck and hope they lay again for your kids to see and get them into a growout are for them.

Ok just wanted to show that even baby clowns that have been yank raised know how to host. Bought a fake nem and put it in the tank and they are starting to host it along with the gha that is in there.

Lol. At least they know what to do. At night they get in a ball to sleep at the y in the PVC pipe.

Collected a few tonight and the next time I am going to try the clay pot again as I only was able to collect less than 50 fry. Had over 150 eggs I am guessing.