I GOT BABIES..... !!!!!!!!!!

LOTS AND LOTS OF THEM

They are swimming around in my sump right now in my main tank...

I have no idea what they are .. hard to tell but I am guessing the onx color true perc clows again...

Course if any of you know my tank i got about 6 pairs of differant fish in there... still want to get a mate for my cardinal...

Theya re about 1/4 inche long...

I am been doesing Phyto but not to much as they are in my main tank...

I have now come the understanding why breeding tanks that are isolated are so important and so I have a 10 Gallon sump cycling right now with nothing but sand and water and some miricle mud in it...

Quesiton now is .. how do I get them out of my sump...

Also i am wondering if two differant types on true perc babies can grow up together.. to be honest i see why not... but my 40 has a pair of the (what i call) normal true perc that are more the yellow color..

I am thinking about just leaving them and see if they make it.. seem to be doing fine now.. they have grown to the 1/4 mark with no issues...

then once they get big enough to see good ... take them out...

I would move them over with a bowl and a turkey baster. A net is too harsh on the little guys. And hopefully you have some other food on hand for the little guys. Phyto won't go too far, unfortunately.

I got other food...
And i have heard not to use the net.. but these guys are fast.. bowel may work if I get lucky.

What i have heard is to shine a single light in one corner then scoop them with a bowel...

i will try that...
maybe..

still trying to decide.. I mean they are doing well it looks like inthe sump.. and i know they seem to have plenty of food in there..

It could be clowns. Do you have a pair of Royals or just one and it looks like you have some Damsels too.

If you use a light, try to wait till they enter the bowl. A turkey baster might damage them when the enter unless it's really big. If you want to try to raise them don't try it for this batch. There is a lot to prepare for. Joyce Wilkerson's book on Clown fish will help, big time help.

If it were the Banggai you could skip the rotifer section but if it's the Royals or any of the Damsels, including the clowns, you will need phyto plankton, rotifers, and artemia. If you want to increase your chances of getting through meta I'm thinking Cheryl's (Phyto Lady - you can pick it up at most of the LFS) phyto, since it has Nanno, TET, and others may increase your chances a bit since the HUFAs and other nutrients are different in each one. Pelagic (free swimming) zoo plankton will help too but is not necessary.

You can order a lot of this stuff online ready to go and shipped live. Trying to get a phyto, rotifer, and BBS culture started now is going to really stress you out. :shock: If you don't have a job it can be done :lol:
The clowns will lay every two weeks. If your female and male disappear for a few days and then the female comes out but the male is consistantly gone then 7 days later you'll have clown larve.
Reef Central has a few good posts on some clown breeding and marinebreeder.org has a lot of good posts on everything that people are breeding. DFWMAS has several people that know about this stuff too so ask away. Frank Perkins has really shed some light on my cultures for one and I know there's others.
Wow...I'm really excited for you. Good luck, Tim

lol my luck they are damsels
But i suspect they ar ethe onx color clows ...there have been babies in the last tank they were in .. now all i have to do is either setup a way to collect the babies and move them or figure our were there eggs are and move the eggs...

got multiple pairs..

But i also got lots of differants typs of food so I am good there...

I was planning on useing the 40 for a breeding tank but it came with a mated pair of clows already ...

I now have a 10 Gallon that i have sand in that i am goind to use..

Yes i figure i will have a lot more chances... I ofcourse will see what i can do to save this batch..

I am working on pics.. Problem is they are in my refuge / sump and the side aint exactly clean.. i will try ..

Was hopeing they get a little bigger... then it would be a litlle easier..

Do they look like the ones here http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1333809
You can see the larve so you can confirm.
If you see the clowns laying eggs again, LMK, I would like to try to raise some.
Tim

If you go to the newsletter section, from Feb. to April there are 3 parts to clownfish breeding, then from May to August it's banggai cardinal breeding.

By adding phyto and rotifers to your sump won't help the babies grow. Your tank will consume the larvae really fast, or they'll die from starvation because the food density is not enough.

And to answer your second question, yes different types of clownfish can cohabit in the same tank as long as their size remains consistent. however, ocellaris grow faster than all other clownfish, and when they outgrow their tank makes, they may start picking on them at a certain point, or if they outgrow them enough to eat them as food.