Huge gigas clam - Welcome to my tank!

I picked up a massive (you may thing otherwise, but i see this as a very large, massive clam), not tranquil scapes massive...but boy is it huge. I picked this fella up from Lee and Shaunda this weekend and am i ever so happy to have him. He is bigger than a foot ball, that is the only thing i can think of for comparison and would not even come close to fitting in a 5 gallon bucket. I believe he is about 12-14 inches long and verrrry wide. I had to clear out about 30lbs of live rock just to get him where he is. Enjoy.

Thank you Lee and Shaunda, this will be a very nice show piece, you did a great job with him!

Just for size reference, the wrasse in the last picture is about 4.5 inches long!

Man that thing is huge.. you know does pictures do no justice to your tank.. Your setup is awesome.. better in person.

Donnie,

It looks like it made the trip home and is adjusting nicely. Shaunda and I hated to see this guy go, but I was afraid if he got much bigger I would not be able to get him out of our tank. My clownfish who liked to host in him is still giving me dirty looks but I am sure he will get over it soon enough ang go back to his frogspawn. I'm going clam shopping today to get a couple smaller clams to fill in his space. He looks great in your tank and I am sure he will be very happy there.

Lee

Very nice pick-up. I've been wanting to get one very badly, but just haven't found the perfect one for me yet.
It looks like you got a nice one.
Drew

Thanks guys. i could not believe i found such a perfect, healthy specimin to bring home and at a smokin bargain. I am going to spend thanksgiving rearanging my tank to make him the center piece. Will have to sell some corals to make room but it will be well worth it.