How to quickly find all new/unread posts?

nobody

Membership Expired
The old forum has a "new posts" link where I can click it and see all new/unread posts. It also has "mark all forums read" link. I cannot seem to find the same functionality here. Am I missing something obvious or is there a different way to do the same here?Thanks,Khoa

The main forum page used to automatically drop down under each main topic the Recent Posts (which I liked better), but now you have to hit the arrow to drop it down in each section where you see it. ?Unless, I am also missing something.

Yea it would be great to have a more robust recent posts page that has more history than 6 posts. ?Right now it is really hard to follow the flow of information if there are more than a few posts created/replied to in a day.

I, too, am looking for this. There are simply too many sub-forums to check each one separately.

I don't want to speak for our Webmaster. ?However, he has a team working dedicated to working out fixes and enhancements to this site. ?In the week the website has been up, I have seen a definite improvement. ?They are still working on some things to make our experience better.Hopefully an expanded "NEW POSTS" link or section will be one of those.

I hope to see this soon, too. It's very cumbersome to find the new posts without this feature.Thanks!

You have multiple ways to keep up to date; Forum Categories now have ?Recent Topics, which shows you the latest discussed on topics.Also you can subscribe to any Forum cCategory/ Forum, Topic to keep up to date.RSS is available also for any Forum Category/ Forum, Topic to keep up to date.another quick way is to review the My Activity, Recent Topics?and? Recent Posts areas.View attachment 40

Thanks for upgrading to the new site with much improvements. However, I don't think the new site has the "new posts" feature matching the old site. Subscribing to topics/forms is rather noisy because the system sends an email for every post. Recent topics/posts shows just that, recent, The old forum "new post" feature shows all the posts since the last time I mark everything as read, but the new forum doesn't seem to offer a way to do the same here. I poll the forum about once a day or once every couple days, and I just haven't found a way to get the same info with the new forum. I haven't tried RSS, so I'm not sure if it would be a suitable replacement for "new posts" and "mark all read" functionalities of the old forum.

I talked to the webmaster today. ?The new posts feature is being worked on. ?I would suspect it will be ready in the next day or so. ?Not sure they are working on the "mark all read" function.

We have updated the forum navigation and look; it should be easier to navigate as the subforums have been concentrated. ?We also addressed the distinction between Member, User, subscriber.Look forward to your feedback.

I am sad to say that I like it better before. ?Let me clarify... I like dry goods and live goods being separate, so that I can glance down and look at the new posts for live goods without having to get side tracked with dry goods. ?I also think it hurt the sponsors section as well.I would like to see new posts done on the side similar to how the old site did it. ?Clicking on New Posts could take you to a bigger list. ?No need to show each individual post, make it more like Recent Topics.Keep up the good work!

Posted by: integra3g?I am sad to say that I like it better before. ?Let me clarify... I like dry goods and live goods being separate said:
You already have those 3 sections in the right; we also have in our list to add a full list view of each.I will let everyone know when that is done.We are not going to replicate PHPBB, The new structure has multiple ways to find information and we are enhancing it with member's suggestions.?

Posted by: integra3g?I am sad to say that I like it better before. ?Let me clarify... I like dry goods and live goods being separate said:
I have to say ?I agree. ?The new layout with the subforums combined just looks cluttered and is even more difficult to browse. ?You can't tell which subforum a thread belongs to. ?I am looking forward to having a page for recent threads/activity. ?The side column just doesn't allow you to follow the forum accurately. ?The space available on those columns is just too small to show more than a few hours of forum activity. ?I know RSS is an option, but honestly RSS is old and seldom used/understood.?

This latest arrangement has pros and cons; but I agree I like it better with the previos navigation which is identical to PHPBB but?IMO improved as it includes the "recent topics view" which can be closed, that view is a latest activity view not meant to be the total traffic.I'm working on making the My Activity, Recent Topics and Recent Posts clickable to show a lot more results.We are also changing the font colors to make it readable.Thank you for your feedback,?

I'm liking the new solution for unread posts! ?Is there a way to have them sort by newest first??