Heat Wave July 29th 2017!

uchin

Sponsor
View attachment 2038Texas Coral Fest - Heat WaveFamily Karaoke Bar / KitchenFrag Swap11433 Goodnight Ln.Dallas, TX. 75229July 29th, 20171 pm - 6 pmVendors:Aquarium Customs IncAri/TheCoralBungBlue Line CoralIjamNorth American Coral LabsNo Coast Corals Select CoralsSteve SindtReefin OKCRiver City AquaticsUnlimited Color CoralsZen Reef

Looks like it will be a good turn out...get ready the best vendors within 500 miles will be bring the HEAT! Family friendly all ages welcome.

Yeah they were pretty expensive. Usually pretty easy to talk down price a little, especially toward the end of the show. I just looked, didn't buy this time. Was really HOT in there too, felt pretty crowded in the the little hallways. 

I had a good time.   The wife came with me for the first time and she liked it.  She loved the music being played.   I thought prices were good if you knew what you were wanting and what it actually cost online.   I got a jawbreaker for $125 that already had 2 colors in it.  Hard to beat that price.   Based on the money I saw a couple of people throwing down, some people had the cash to burn.  This is not a club event with mostly hobbyist vendors selling at cheap prices.  These are semi vendors with some traveling to many different events so they have to cover those expenses.  Plus it is nice to actually see stuff in person that normally you only see online and never in a LFS.   As bad as our area has gotten in supporting events this may be all we have for awhile.   At least there wasn't someone wanting over $4k for a mushroom like online.

Thanks to all who attended. Sorry about the small space heat wave is not our normal Texas coral fest swap. We usually have twice as many vendors in a larger venue. look out for the next one.

Thank you Urchin for all you do. I was expecting a Coral Fest caliber show. There were some nice pieces there. When is the next Coral Fest?

Definitely appreciate the time and effort it takes to set these things up. It is always nice to have these opportunities to look at nice coral. Thank you Urchin.

I had a great time aside from the one vendor who was drunk. I purchased several pieces ranging from $5 to $20 and picked up a very large anemone. I agree with Opus. Knowing what you want and what it is selling for online puts the prices in perspective. River City had a Zoa frag that my Mom liked. I told her it was less than half what you would see on line and fourth the price at a LFS. She wanted to look at the other vendors and of course when she went back to buy it - gone.I enjoyed having sellers that had the more high end pieces that you don't see in the LFS. The shattered glass chalice was amazing and of course the scolys are always amazing.