Have raised caulerpa, now I want it gone :(

Maybe the wrong place to post, but I wanted to raise caulerpa in my tank for my upcoming tangs. Now I have a great stock of it growing and spreading. I have a 2" clown tang, and a 4" achilles tang, and they don't ever seem to touch it. What can I do to get rid of this stuff!?!?!

Should be pretty easy to pull it out by hand. I personally wouldn't put caulerpa in my display tank. Most people keep caulerpa on a 24hr light cycle (which you don't want on you DT) to keep it from going sexual which could wipe out your whole tank. There are many macros they will eat, but if you are over feeding they might not need to.

Mitch

I had a problem with some caulerpa getting into my display and choking out and intertwining into my zoa colonies. I got a seahare and amazingly it ate all of it, haven't had it come back after that.

Once my mithrax crabs got done with my bubble algae colony, they actively fed on the caulerpa from my sump.

But, Im not sure how many mithrax it would take to wipe it out. The fast growth rate of the macro, combined with the tiny stomachs of the crab would make for a long or lost battle.

24/7 lighting doesn't work to keep it from going sexual.
Getting rid of caulerpa is pretty much a losing battle unless you can find something that will eat it out of existence.
You could pull out as much as you can and try a mithrax (or a few) or hope your tangs take an interest.
What kind of caulerpa is it? I'm thinking more of what will eat it or why the tangs won't, not because it makes a difference in trying to get rid of it.