Growing Rotifers - new Reed food

fperkins

Membership Expired
If you raise rotifers for fry or just general coral feeding (great stuff) you might want to check out the new RotiGrow Plus from Reed.

It's not in their catalog yet, but if you call to place an order, they will ship this one if you request it.

I've been feeding it for just under 2 weeks and the increase in rotifer count is incredible.

Randy said the guys from the Farm told him 3X to 4X, which I assumed was salespeak - but I use a 1 QT scoop to harvest (scoop up 1 QT water, pour it through 53 micron screen) and until I switched to this stuff might dump 3 - 4 quarts through the screen for each tank to collect a decent quantity of rotifers (I have used Reed Nano and DTs stuff and occassionally Reed Rotigrow and BSD Tahitian Blend).

I'm now filtering 1 QT for each tank and the rotifer count is way in excess of the 3 - 4 QT dumps I was doing. I have to harvest twice a day now just to ensure the 5 G bucket doesn't get so crammed up with them they can't swim around (and won't hatch new baby rotifers).

This is really, really, really great stuff.

http://www.reed-store.com/?category=58&subcategory=30