Green Bubble Tip Health

Jthain21

Membership Expired
All, I could use your guys wisdom. I have this anemone for about 1.5 weeks. First couple of days he seemed ok. Then all the sudden he limps over and with the next few hours falls off the rock. Now all he does is stays in this one spot, and looks rather sick. Sometimes even looks like he's melting. As I am new to anemones I'm not sure if this or normal or if there is something I should be doing to intervene.
c617adc25d601b3e2b9b083a74ba6b45.jpg
alt="">

I have a baby pink tip that seems to be loving my tank
7376342433e375166368eefdca269115.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both look pale. What type of light do you have for them? If you feel this guy has enough light try feeding him a bit of shrimp - not a big hunk, grind it up in a blender and give him about 1/4 of the shrimp. See how he takes it. A healthy Nem will not pass up dinner.

Tell us the tank temperature (high and low each day). And what lights you use, and for how many hours each day. It seems like your anemone(s) is/are bleached. Too much light? Not enough? Tank too hot? These are common causes.

My tank stays around 79, sometimes is around 78. My tank is a 24x48x36, so it's a tall tank. I have 2 radion 15rx pro, using the default reef cycle. Comes on at 9:30, goes off at 9:00. My pink anemone eats krill (and loves it) every third day. My green tip anemone is no longer taken food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would run your lights a maximum of 9 hours a day. Preferably 8 hours.

Does the Max 9 hours include any range within the Kelvin scale? I have my ramping up from 20k to 12k, then back down from 12k to 20k. Then lunar lighting for 2-3 hours. Thanks