Fire Shrimp Molt Recovery

MartinMan

Premium Member
Can anyone tell me.  When Fire Shrimp molt how long does it usually take before they are active again.  I put 3 pretty big ones in at the same time about a month ago, all appeared very happy and healthy, out even in the day, eating off the clip.  One of them, the biggest one molted about two weeks ago, found the skin, but have yet to see the shrimp.  Pretty peaceful tank, nothing that would be a threat to shrimp.  I'm wondering if he is still just in hiding or if he is a goner.Thanks

No just doing weekly water changes, probably should be dosing it.  The other two look very healthy, in fact they act like a bonded pair.  Guess three is a crowd.  I assume this iodine is something I can get at my LFS.  Goes directly into the display tank. Thanks for the response.

Some salts contain it, but you need to check your brand, if not then a little each week helps keep them healthy and recover if they get hurt. Most LFS keep a small bottle on hand. add it to a area with flow in your main display.

Thanks, Steve.  Will do that.  I'm using Reef Crystals and dosing a capful of Purple Up every night, both boast of added trace elements, but the iodine is probably a good idea, even for the other corals.