Finally! Baby Clownfish

hnurge

Premium Member
Staff member
I have been wanting to breed marine fish for years, and now i have a tank full of tiny ocellaris clowns!
I have been trying to remember to take pictures and notes along the way. and today they are about 6 weeks old - so i decided to put it all together (and edit out the worst of the bad camera work) into one video.
so - here it is:

Let me know what you think

Clownfish are also one of my favorite fish and I am planning to add some clownfish to my aquarium. Can you share what their favorite foods are and How do you encourage clownfish to breed?
any larger live food seems to be loved (black worms, grindal worms, amphipods, adult brine, etc). frozen foods are good, fish eggs seem to be their favorite frozen food. I rotate through a large variety of live/frozen/pellet/flake. but i don't think that triggers them to breed - other than having them fat and healthy. I haven't pinned it down exactly, but so far it seems (i think) to happen when it gets warm after a week or two of cool weather. aka, a slight temperature drop then for a few weeks and then a rise.

My Lightning clowns are spawning every 2 weeks. Like mentioned above, they usually start around the beginning of Spring.