Feeding corals - phyto

As most of you know I've had a FOWLR tank for 10 years but I've started adding corals but I want to maximize their growth.
What I want to know is this:
Phyto - you can get it anywhere, I've got some brewing now, but unless you're using DT's then you are adding metals to the tank but are they in great enough concentration to be concerned?
Will feeding the phyto to rotifers and then feeding the rotifers to your tank be adequate for the corals that use the phyto?

Corals:
I'm not worried about the food for zoas and rics, and I hand feed the sun corals and the acans with mysis but my question is for the montipora, and some of the smaller polyp non-photosythesizing gorgonians. One gorgonian (blood red with white polyps) does good on small scraps of the mysis and some of the juice but the blue berry is much harder to grow.

Hi Tim, what are you currently feeding your blueberry gorgonian? I just picked one up at Rift2Reef, and I've been feeding it rotifers, cyclops, DTs phyto and marine snow in alternating shifts using a turkey baster.

I'm encouraged by the fact that I see the polyps closing when the food drifts by (I'm spraying it near and up stream and letting it drift.

Have you had any new growth on yours?

thanks
Bill

I was feeding it with the juice off of the foods I feed the sun coral and it looked really good. Then a tang knocked it off and then came the red hair algae and I'm afraid it's gone.
I have tried some of the Coral Frenzy (MS?) but that was too late.
However the red and white one has larger polyps and seems to eat small bits of mysis, flake, or what ever. I put him in a valley so the scraps always fall to him while the pumps are off.

@billwhite wrote:
Hi Tim said:
I did have some new growth and my wife was giving it some phyto. I was trying to figure out if there was anything that makes it 'pop' out new polyps like my sun coral is doing so I could save it.

I think the hair algae is keeping it from growing. I've never had it before until this year but I've changed so much of my tank I don't know what triggered it...salt brand (several people suspect Red Sea), feeding more, more frequent water changes have all changed this year.

Thanks, Tim