Favorites

[I've been wanting to post a pic or two because I've been playing with my macro features. Here is one of my favorite colorations out of my stuff.

blue-acro.jpg
alt="">]

[Could you identify that beautiful piece? If you can't, the rule is you have to give it to me! Then I'll post it, and if I can't identify it then you have a shot at getting it back. Grin.

Do you think it might be an exotic blue tort? Here's the thread: tort discussion on RC]

@Marc wrote:
[I'm not sure I like those rules. Maybe we can work out a timeshare scheme or something. :p

You know, I think you might be right about the ID. When I first looked at that thread I saw a couple of pics that jumped out at me that just didn't have the same coralite structure. I think those may have been mis-identified though. Mine does look like most of the pictures, including the one that started the thread. Most of those torts seem to originate from SPSGuy's mother colony. Mine came from another coral farmer, but that doesn't mean that they never traded frags at some point. Who knows. I don't remember if I had an ID for it originally or what the ID might have been. After I got a few SPS, the names all started to be a jumble. I tried to keep track, cause I'm your typical cichlid person who has to track everything by its scietific name all the time, but its much harder with SPS than cichlids. :)]

@DAS115 wrote:
[That is a nice piece! Where did you get it?] said:
[Ken G. He's a frag farmer kinda like Monaghan, but he only cuts about once or twice a year I think. He has some not so run-o-the-mill kinda pieces though. He has a web page up somewhere.]