False percs first breeding event

rckrzy1

Membership Expired
Ok, the clowns I got from Frank and Ted finally laid eggs today, I got them 1 1/2 year ago and they where approx 6 mos old then. BUT after their dancing and laying they
proceeded to eat them off the rock ? Is this something they do when in mature or was something wrong with the eggs perhaps ?

Caution, Video contains Live animal woopie
alt="">

It really isn't unusual for them to eat the first few batches from what I understand. It takes some time for the parents to figure it all out. It may also have been that the male didn't manage to fertilize the eggs. Again, a learning curve. Have you ever used copper on these fish? I have read that it can result in at least temporary infertility.

@silveroak wrote:
It really isn't unusual for them to eat the first few batches from what I understand. It takes some time for the parents to figure it all out. It may also have been that the male didn't manage to fertilize the eggs. Again said:
Nope , no copper ever used. They have laid again and the eggs are 3 days old now.

@rckrzy1 wrote:
[I]@silveroak wrote:[/I][quote="It really isn't unusual for them to eat the first few batches from what I understand. It takes some time for the parents to figure it all out. It may also have been that the male didn't manage to fertilize the eggs. Again said:
Nope , no copper ever used. They have laid again and the eggs are 3 days old now."]

Great news on the new batch. Hope they make it this time! If not, give it a few more tries... They'll figure it out.