Dying Anemone ... Mystery ... ???

All,
So I have been happily keeping anemones for a few years now with RBTAs and many flower anemones. I currently have 7 flower anemones(1 dying) and 2 RBTAs. All of the other anemones look fine. I have a 75 Gallon full reef tank and LED lighting. I am not really interested in discussing my water parameters since all of the other creatures are doing fine ...

This specific anemone(I'll call it a him) has been huddled in the back of the tank for weeks and I noticed about a week ago he was barely attached to the wall(Bad Sign) and so I grabbed him to move him into the light. I did that but he moved back. Nothing of note to this point ...

So .. Here is the big mystery ... I checked him out yesterday and his entire center(Mouth Area) is missing. He is like a doughnut ... WTH ... So I gave him a sniff test and there is no fowl odor which was surprising ... And he is actually still attempting to stick to my hand ... again surprising...

So .. I'm pretty damn sure he is going to die but I did not remove him from the tank while still alive. To me the biggest question is how does this happen? Has anyone ever seen such a thing? Can it live by the light alone until it regenerates a mouth?

Several crappy phone camera pictures are attached below:

[attachment=0]IMAG0484-Optimized.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMAG0483-Optimized.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]IMAG0480-Optimized.jpg[/attachment]

Additional Out of tank pictures ...

[attachment=0]IMAG0482-Optimized.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMAG0481-Optimized.jpg[/attachment]

Absolutely no idea...but I'll tag along to find out. I've seen things like that when they are splitting if the center tears first, but that nem doesn't appear to be doing that.

Yeah ... that is my thought too. I've had my RBTA split probably 10 times and it never looked like this.

This morning I looked for the little guy and found that he is stuck to the back of one of my large snails ... So he is trying to stick to stuff which is a sign of life ... I'm crossing my fingers for some miraculous recovery but understand that he is likely toast ...

Thanks for your response