Diy stand complete!

[Just wanted to add a pic of a DIY stand/canopy I just completed for a 40g breeder tank I'm setting up. This will be a Rose BTA/Clown species tank. Emphasis is on low tech... no sump, HOT skimmer etc...

DIYSTA_1.jpg
alt="">]

[Hey, nicely done! Where's that nefarious crown moulding? Or were you actually putting that up on the ceiling for real? :D

Do you already have the Rose, or are you getting ready to get one for this tank? I've got a couple of mated gold stripe maroons that need a nice big tank like this one. :p]

[Hey Marc!

Nah, the crown moulding is for real.... We're doing some fixer upper projects around the house right now. :) We're gonna have to talk about this 80" thing... ;) I already have a spectacular rose BTA, thanks to some nice friends. The one is currently residing in my 30g prop tank, but it's soon to be relocated. I've been kinda looking for some gold stripe maroons... Something else to talk about... :) CYA at the meeting tonight.

Duane]

[Just let me know when you would like to come on over to check these guys out. I'm sure you want to get your tank set up and cycled before you pick up the clowns, right?

I'd also like to come see your tanks at some point, and check out your BTAs.]

[Hey Marc,

How's the SCWD? Yeah, I'm gonna be really tied up the next few weeks. Somewhere in there, I'm gonna get that tank set up and cycled, then I definitely want to see those clowns. They really need a new home... ;)]

[I'm going to play with the SCWD tomorrow. :D I read some interesting ideas by using more than one on the same pump, over on RC. I had to do another "big" waterchange on the 55 gal today, as I'm trying to drop my nitrates finally. They were really high before when I got the existing set up, but I replaced just about all the water and brought them down to around 25ppm. Barry gave me a frag of Devil's Hand, but it really doesn't look happy yet (no polyp extention) so I changed water yesterday and again today.

Yeah, get that tank cycled. Start tomorrow, so in a few weeks you'll be ready! I'm sure these clowns would love to get out of their 10 gal tank. hehe]

[Wish I could get it started...I'm out of town for the next couple weeks! As for it cycling, I doubt there will be much of one...using LR from an existing tank. When I moved my 45g tank into my 110g, I never did have any measurable cycle. Just threw everything in there. Once I get it set up, I'll probably let it run for a week or so just to make sure all is well.]

[nice stand! please keep us posted on your breeder tank. i am researching the set-up procedure for one soon and just wanted to see what your experiences are.]

[Duane, Good looking job on the stand and tank. Hopefully for your sake, your wife will think the crown molding looks as good when your done. :laugh: I know how that works.]

[Hey Duane,

I was thinking about your crown molding project. Why don't you just rent a compound miter saw? Or rent me? Grin

I haven't run any crown in about 3 years, but I'm sure I could get back in the swing of it in no time at all.]

[CK1 & Rick,

Thanks for the kind words! Rick, I am heading up to Lowe's in Allen to check out CMS now. I'm feeling the need to buy one. What I'll do with it after that, I have no idea. :D

Marc,

I'd rather not rent. Renting leads to me feeling rushed, being rushed leads to making mistakes. Making mistakes leads to it taking longer, which leads to renting the saw for another day, which leads to me feeling rushed...... and so forth. And, I can't afford you! :p]

[Hey, with enough corals, you can afford me. Check your t ank account.

Marc]

[Well, I went out and bought a Delta CMS. After several frustrating cuts, I figured it out and got all the moulding cut. The wife is painting it, then we'll see how well it all goes up. But just from dry fitting it in place, it looks good. Looking forward to actually getting water in the 40g next week!]

[I wish you'd hurry up already. The clowns seem fine, but the water of that tank is literally turning a greenish hue. There is no algae in the tank due to the cleanup crew, but it sure looks odd.

I'm going to do a 50% waterchange in the morning to help allieve the problem. They are eating well, swimming about, and 'kissing' each other. It's really cute.

Congrats on the new saw. Never hurts to have more tools. :)]