Culturing copepods

Fish2morow has a couple packs of the Algagen pods.

I bought some and put them in the fuge and they are still there. They are similar to Arcatia Tonsa which are good for larval fry.

They are pelagic swimmers so they aren't as good for Mandarins that look for the rock crawlers. I bought some and put them in the fuge and they are still there. They might be similar to Arcatia Tonsa which are good for larval fry. They like eating the waste (a lot of researchers said you had to have Tetraselmis or RHO but they are correcting themselves) so you have to have a slow flowing fuge or one with some wave free zones on a tank that has been established. My estimation is established for more than a year or two but mine are still there and it's only been up for 6 months but everything came from my 10+ year old tank.

just started trying this. bought Tupperware and put an air stone in it. bought the tigger pods by reef nutrition from fish2morow as they started carrying the line and i also bought the phyto feast by reef nutrition to try and go by their instructions on raising these guys. ill let yall know next month how well they are doing.

I used to have lots of pods until I got my sixline. Im pretty sure he wiped out most of the population. How much do the pods cost at the LFS?

yep...
RN_TP_website.jpg
alt="">

At the meeting, he was telling us about 6 bottles of the Tiggerpods he had that froze solid. Randy left them on a shelf to defrost and the next day a couple bottles were still kickin'.

I've got my 2nd generation going of T. pods from Reefnutrition. They are a lot easier than brine!
In the two photos you can see the 1st with eggs and if you look really hard you can see the 2nd generation about the size of BBS.