Culturing copepods

Right now I'm trying two cultures of pods, one is tigger pods and the other is reef pods (brand names). I've got each in a 1 gallon tupperware container (the kind you put cereal and stuff in) with an airline going through the lid.

Kept at about 72 degrees ( room temp)

I just started it this weekend, and I'm feeding cyclops and phyto in small amounts. I'll let you know my results later.

So far I've noticed the tigger pods swimming but no noticeable increase in population.

Best!
Bill

May I ask where you purchased the tiggerpod starter?

I am also interested in seeding a culture in my sump just to help my population.

Thanks,
Gail

dont know about him, but i have bought the ones from the company coming to our next meeting

http://www.reed-mariculture.com/

i know for sure that DNA has them, but dont know of anything your direction

I have a 20 Tall set up and all it has is pods growing in it..

I got them from saltwater.com

There is nothing else in it right now.. Waiting on my True Percs to lay eggs so I can put those in it and try and raise them..

I got the tank partitioned with a divider and water flowing from one side to the other to keep movment and i have air bubbling into it, Sand, Algae and some rubble.

The idea is the eggs will go on one side and the other will be my isolated pod area..

Kinda have food ready for them when they get big enough to stop eating pyhto..

I bought my starter bottle of Tiggerpods at DNA, and I got the Reef Pods at Rift2Reef.

I've been reading that feeding the Tiggers Phytofeast from the same company works well. Haven't tried it yet.

Best!
Bill

mine are doing well...
I turn the light on the 40 and they were crawing around in it on the rock and not even trying to hide...

so far so good...
I added a pair of clown and nem to the tank but still got plenty...

Ace hardware has them (it's not _really_ for jewelers, it's just a magnifying glass that you can put up to your eye.)

Try this link:
http://tinyurl.com/3qur4f

What's the best way to move them from the fuge to the main display? I would love to have the fuge above the display but that's not an option so I will have to move them manually. The only other way is for them to take the Mag express which includes a WICKED turnstile at the gate. :)

the pods reproductive cycle is 30 days so they don't reproduce very quickly if they're getting eaten. Don't worry about the impeller- they'll make it just fine. If they were as large as the space between the blades, then you can worry.

Dallas North Aquarium has tigger pods.

I added them to a new tank with macro algae, live rock, and rubble but haven't seen any after two weeks. I do have one small damsel and a small scooter but the other pods from the algae taken from one of the other tanks are multiplying quickly so I know the fish haven't found every thing that moves.